David Barker's "Charles Bukowski Spit in My Face" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Blackswan can tear herself away from Ponder and let us know how much it was for her postcards and where she got them. With Rekrab's cards, I would suggest a suite of cards. I know that we can raise the money with all contributors getting some signed sets, maybe presentation sets, or something. I'd offer to print a limited edition Barker postcard letterpress to be given away only to the contributors for their ULTRA DELUXE copies....

Bill

^/^

Psyched for mine, too. But dad gum, what a great idea.

Bill, is that something you could spearhead with David?

<<EDIT>> My computer must be slow, but man, great fucking idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real interesting thought...

Yes, let's figure something out. I say that 6 or 10 cards would be best, really, if it is feasible.

Plus the letterpressed jobbie, of course...

Bill

I'm in, if we can work something out like we did with Black Swan's postcards, and Bill's idea of a limited letterpress thingie, sounds great!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are places online to get these done and they are not too expensive. One thing to do would be to find an envelope that would fit these and then letterpress that too...

Bill

David, you' ve got a pm.

Great watercolors, I can't wait for mine.
No need for you to rush. The piano one is my favorite.

If Blackswan can tear herself away from Ponder and let us know how much it was for her postcards and where she got them. With Rekrab's cards, I would suggest a suite of cards. I know that we can raise the money with all contributors getting some signed sets, maybe presentation sets, or something. I'd offer to print a limited edition Barker postcard letterpress to be given away only to the contributors for their ULTRA DELUXE copies...

Yeah Bill, typing with four hands can be tricky, considering that we are both
left-handed.;)

got mine a while ago but forgot to mention how great the artwork looks in person.

excellent work, David. thanks again.

Bill: I'd like that if you acted as publisher/coordinator. You're so damned good at it all, both the esthetic decisions and the business side of it. If I did it myself, even with contributions, it would be far funkier (not in the good sense). I know you would make it a nice package. And the letterpress. Not like you aren't already fully occupied.

Deal. It will be a BoSP release. Let me figure out a price/cost and then I'll announce a way for anyone interested to prepay and cover the cost of production. I'm not worried about making money on this one. I'd just be happy to have all of the costs covered in advance and then it can be somewhat of a Co-Op project. Maybe I'll say "Co-Published by Bottle of Smoke Press and members of Bukowski.net." That would be cool.

Bill

I'm looking at a regular edition of 490 copies and a deluxe in clamshell edition of 10 copies. Details shortly....

Any orders that come through bukowski.net prior to me placing the order will get a discount and will get an exclusive letterpressed DB broadside that will not be available with the standard release or separately.

I expect to have more info to the group by tomorrow. If you are interested in the clamshell edition, it would not be a bad idea to e-mail me. There will only be 8 of the 10 for sale and I know that they will sell out quickly. Those in Europe may miss out if I post this at a reasonable time for the US, but in the middle of the night in Europe.

e-mail to [email protected] or PM me.

Bill

The #1-Super-Terrific-Happy-Deluxe issues are sold out. I have not announced the price yet, so, of course, no one is locked in. I will take a couple people for a wait list, if you are interested, in case someone backs out. Given that these will be in a clamshell, the price will be fair.

More after I talk to the artist....

Bill

Yikes! Stuff happens fast here. I'm gone at work and an edition is born and sells out. Bill's in charge. This will be great. Thanks to you all. Painting tomorrow...

It's because your paintings are good David, that's why it happened fast. Plenty of things have happened very slowly around here. ;)

I may offer a total of 26 copies of the clamshell edition. Please let me know. I have had people contact me after this was already fully reserved. I will have full details later today. Anyone that has made a clamshell (like Strangegirl) can attest to the amount of time that it takes. I'll probably take a couple vacation days at work to make these.

I'll announce a price later today. It will be heavily discounted from the list price. I am able to discount these because we need to raise the money to pay for the project, so we ask that payment be made with Paypal or through the mail before pretty quickly. We are looking at 10 postcards. All buk.net members will get a letterpressed card that will not be available elsewhere. Once we receive the postcards and start clamshell production, they will go back to their list price.

Details shortly...

Bill

p.s. Anyone that is interested in a clamshell, please e-mail me. You are not confirming that you are buying one, just expressing interest. You can back out, but if you wait until it is too late, it will be too late. I cannot make more than 26 of these. As it is, this is a MASSIVE undertaking.

got mine a while ago but forgot to mention how great the artwork looks in person.

I PM'd David to say thanks, but wanted to post to say how happy I am to have one of these special chaps.

Great watercolors ... The piano one is my favorite.

It's really really nice :)

p.s. Anyone that is interested in a clamshell, please e-mail me. You are not confirming that you are buying one, just expressing interest. You can back out, but if you wait until it is too late, it will be too late. I cannot make more than 26 of these. As it is, this is a MASSIVE undertaking.

Bill, you 'am the man'. Am I right that those who have expressed interest in the first offer are already on the potential clamshell list?

i was going to suggest a collection of David's paintings a few weeks ago, but kept it to myself. wow, was i wrong for not doing it earlier!

I have 4 copies of this release in the Clamshell edition still left. I just sent out PMs to all those that I have on file for wanting one. If you did not get a PM from me just now, I need to hear from you asap, or I will not have a copy for you.

I am working on designing the postcards and hope to have the orders placed within the week. Then it will take a week to get them and a little time to make the clamshells.

Thanks,
Bill

When Bill talks, stuff walks.

Success, even on this limited scale, is a frightening new concept for me. I am soooo comfortable being utterly ignored. I don't know if I can live with myself now. Well, maybe I can.

We are taking suggestions on the name of this release. Please post ideas here. David and I will decide on the name, but both of us agree that it would be very cool if the buk.net members suggested titles.

Whatever the title is will be letterpressed on the cover of the envelopes and on the clamshell.

Thanks,
Bill

I bet someone here has a better idea than I do. I'd probably call it "Quick watercolors for Quick Bucks" or "Bukowski Doesn't Want To Be Painted But He's No Say In The Matter Now." See; you can do better.

How about A collection of ten water color portraits of Charles Bukowski by David Barker.

Yes, I know... sheer genius. How do I come up with this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back