What are you drinking? (5 Viewers)

Yesterday.

Untitled-1.jpg

Our friends recently redid their kitchen & have this amazing fridge. I must be old to care about fridges. But they keep their drinks in the fresh food drawer. And that is one of the many reasons we remain friends.

These arrived out of the blue today. I ordered them last summer and promptly forgot all about them. I look forward to knocking on their door this evening. If you're wondering what the hell Bob Dylan has to do with Whiskey, here's the website.

dylan-booze-front.jpg

There's a third, a straight rye, which I didn't order because it was $25 more than these two. Which isn't that much in the scheme of things (or it wasn't at the time) so I'm not sure why I didn't just get all three, but here we are.

As an added bonus, they look really cool from the back, which is, of course, of the utmost importance when you're dealing with a fine whiskey.

dylan-booze-back.jpg

I can report that these are both quite good. The Tennessee Bourbon is smooth and wonderful, and the Double Barrel Whiskey is potent and manly (isn't that how they describe things over at the Whisky Advocate?). I do wish I'd ponied up for the Straight Rye as well when I ordered these, but such is life.

While they are very good, I'm not sure I would buy them again. You can get some really great Bourbons in the same price range, though in less fancy bottles, and without a picture of Bob Dylan on the hang tag.

this part was funny -

"The guard house has been the source of controversy in the past. In 1989, when Dylan sought a permit to build it, Los Angeles County building and safety inspectors discovered it was not accessible by the handicapped. According to county records, the singer bypassed accessibility requirements by promising, in writing, that he “would not hire any handicapped persons” to work in it."

btw naming a whiskey etc from a song about dying?

Went to the Phillies/Yankees last night. Michelle & our frind Lisa had a few freshies while i was gone. How dare they drink without me! I took a pic of the dead soldiers but decided to also show the 2 left in the fridge because they look really really cold.

Untitled-1.jpg

20180627_065012.jpg

Holiday in Calabogie Ont, Canada. Whatever's in the fridge, HP sauce, milk in a bag and a Labatt Blue Light. The 2nd pic is to show how cold it is.

20180704_161341.jpg
20180704_161232.jpg

Was gonna have one of these but my son put them in the freezer when he came home from the beer store w grandma.

20180704_163614.jpg

When I glanced at that CROSSCUT can I thought it said, "CROISSANT CANADIAN ALE," (maybe because the log looks like a roll) and I was about to ask you what the fuck was wrong with you (and Canada)...

The Samuel Adams Noble Pils has been MIA for several years now, so I was excited to see it in a mix 12 pack (American Craft Lagers) at Smart and Final yesterday. I was there to buy bottled water and licorice, but when I saw that box with the Noble Pils in it, it went right into the cart.

It is a good as I remember it to be, and it may be - no, it is! - my favorite beer in the history of the world. That I was only able to get two bottles in that mix pack fills me with sadness, but I just drank one of the two, so I am temporarily happy. Or hoppy. I love to taste the hops in beer, and this is the hoppiest I've ever had.

noble.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back