What are you drinking? (3 Viewers)

Had a greyhound last night. Just the right amount of vodka.

As I was falling asleep last night(3:30am) I had some movie on the tube, based on a Dean Koontz novel. The only thing I can remember is that the cruel- soon to be killer- Stepdad was teaching a young girl the mix for a greyhound. I had never known that was the name for grapefruit juice and vodka. Wierd that you mention it now. I wish I had one. I am drinking the last beer-Coors Light:(- courtesy of The Pittsburgh Penguins.
I also enjoy me some Black Velvet. Drinkable and cheap. Great combo! CRB:)

Budget concerns led me to this cheap-ass rum, but I swear I now prefer it to Bacardi and the other "good" rums. They are all way too sweet and forget those gimmicky flavored ones.....Black cherry ? Lemon-lime ? I DIDN'T ORDER A SNO-CONE, MOTHERFUCKER !

How does 8 dollars per 750ml bottle sound ? Well, it sounds like a party to me.

pr5.jpg

Greyhounds are great and madras are too even if just the name would qualify as geigh-the non homosexual reference of it. Orange and cranberry mixed with vodka- a wonderful summer treat!

3 Tecates, 2 Heinekens and 2 Jagermeisters spread over today/

Getting ready to drink and commenting on your poem

After I do my requisite few hours of poetry-related stuff, I'm planning on some brandy or cognac and maybe even a Longhammer IPA. I may hold off on that because we're dining out with friends tonight and I don't want to be Long-hammered whene we go.

By the way, Gerard KH Love, your poem in A Common Thread ROCKS! I love the way the title loops back and totally reinforces the last line. Wallace Stevens used that trick in his poem "A rabbit as king of the ghosts" and I think it's a great technique. And a great poem.

this weekend I had:
Middleton Rare
Zywiec
Shared a few bottles of Jesus' blood (never failed me yet)
Pernod

oh yes, and a Jaegermeister

Zum Wohl!

That was afternoon and evening, I guess, played two gigs, 2-5:30 and then 7-11pm and the pints were at them. Rest was at home afterwards.

This afternoon 2 coors light-this evening 2 Black Russians, a Heineken and Stella Artois.

You light weights! Let's hear some drinking out there.

Black Velvet with Coke Classic (w/ caffeine). I noticed, today, when I started that the Black Velvet needs plenty of Coke to kill it's harsh taste. Last night I was drinking some Chillable Red wine in the 5 liter box (tasty in a Kool Ade sort of way).

...some Chillable Red wine in the 5 liter box...
All red wine should be chilled before drinking, most people don't realize that. Try it next time you have a bottle of red, the difference in taste can be quite noticeable.

By chill I mean what they call "cellar temperature" - about 60 degrees F. Half an hour in the refrigerator will get you there. The same applies to white wine - it should be taken out of the refrigerator half an hour before drinking, and it will taste better than it does at the refrigerator temperature.

At least that's what a wine geek that I know has told me. I've tried it and I can taste the difference, but my palette is not sophisticated enough to really appreciate it. ;)

Thank you. If you think about it in the old country in the old days room temperature would be about 60 degrees F. The same thing with Beer.

I may be drinking in a little while when I grill the baby backs with Hoisin sauce and garlic.

Margarita-Tequila, cointreau, little lime juice, orange juice.

Recipe- a shot of each (maybe half shot of the lime juice) a bit tart so throw in a couple of sugars if so inclined.

Haa. Had to get back somehow. I actually don't know shit about wines but I think red wine is better warm and white wine cool. But when I drink wine I drink cheap red that stains your lips and you have to toothbrush it off if you're going out and don't want anybody to think you're wearing bad lipstick. Which is okay if you swing that way. I don't. But now it's fresh, cold, Lappish beer.

Jesus Juice?, will that be strained through the Shroud Of Turin?

hehehehe here comes the heresy...is our esteemed Padre still out here?

That's a great pic! - Who would like to kiss those lips anyway? Now we know why their husbands drink! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello comrades...

haven't made it on here in a while...got distracted with college...and a new job....

just gotten off the night shift...cracking into a full bottle of ruby port...soon be asleep and drooling...not before i go a tad mental though....

(before you ask its only cheap stuff...from Tesco... an Irish/English establishment...)

tonight I'm drinking heroin. and I'm writing a poem about it. here's a bit of it:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
LESLIE!?!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thank you. please check out my website.

Hehehe..... nice one hooch !
I resemble that remark. That post. That plea for help.....

Except
her name was Jana
and my drug is not heroin

but is instead P.R. Rum
and coca-cola

and lame
stacking of poesy
imitation bullshit

in her memory
and that which
was spilled years ago

into my hairy cup