What are you drinking? (7 Viewers)

Looks like gregormilligan finally drank himself to death... he hasn't posted here in almost a week.

Startin' to worry about the Scot scoundrel myself. Hope he didn't discover that root beer mixes well with Appalachian dew and is now wandering barefoot and hungry in Stirlingshire.

Hello everyone, I'm still alive.

Just been too busy drinking to post. ;)

I'm on Scotch and Tennent's tonight. Tennent's is shite but it was in the fridge. Gonnae have an Orkney Dark Island before bed.

short on cash, so a 6 pack of this to wash down the whiskey I've been drinking since 2pm...My friends call it piss, I call it a budget.

pbr.jpg

Good to hear yer well, gregor, and back to posting the daily drink diary. And Poof! Burg, the Pabst Blue Ribbon genie, appears. All is well with the world.

I heard that William S. Burg had been killed when he had his penis removed by the suction in his local swimming pool, so I'm glad to hear that he is still out there and still riding his fixie drunk.

Bill

and the budget continues because tonight it's a plastic jug of early times whiskey and a 32oz $1.69 miller high life to wash it down.

Tonight: a bottle of "Grüner Veltliner" white wine stretched with a bottle of "Gasteiner Natur" mineral water combined with a small can of Ültje-peanuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your grandfather, Gregor, going to the pub with a mate tonight myself. And don't put any demoral in your cherry coke like some lady poster here would.

But it's yummy :(

So sorry gregor, know how you feel. Lost my grandmother last year around this time and was completely trashed almost the entire time she was dying.

And slime! Whom may I ask are you going to the pub with?! You cheating whore.

I'm sorry, let me sooth your feet with some kisses.

We were in Boston at a rock club called the Church, you're welcome to come by. Gregormilligan was there sipping a cherry coke.

I was having greyhounds and bud light.

Not a drinker myself. Never had a beer in my life. Or a cup of coffee. Usually tea for me. Every now and then some wine. The darker the wine, the better.

Cigarettes and coffee, which is especially stupid because nicotine reduces the caffeine content in your blood. I smoke and drink coffee the whole day, it's an addict behaviour I developed after giving up the drinks and the weed. Sure I know I have to stop, but not now.

Well Mark, here's Plus it has Iggy Pop, Jack White and Tom Waits and RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan in it. Could you really ask for more?

Thanks nervas, I think I'll watch it. Shame I didn't know about this movie. Looks very entertaining. I just took a break from shaving my face logging in here and now it's time for the next cup and a smoke.

Over here in England some of us are partial to cider; very refreshing, especially in summer..me, I'll drink just about anything else too..however Budweiser is being heavily promoted over here these days, and I find that resoundingly bland..sorry America.

My great grandfather used to make cider at his mill back in the old days. My grandma and her friends would alternate on days missed in school because the mill was along the route to the school house.

For beer, Newcastle or 90 shilling for a 'darker' beer, Peroni for lager, PBR or Olympia for a cheap 12 pack. Jameson or crown on the rocks, mixed drinks I hit vodka tonic-drinking alot of greyhounds lately (vodka grapefruit). Wine, its my girlfriends choice usually a Pinot Grigio, which has been Mandolina recently http://www.mandolinawines.com/wines.html a great white for a great price.

But honestly I'll drink whatever you bought

Over here in England some of us are partial to cider; very refreshing, especially in summer..me, I'll drink just about anything else too..however Budweiser is being heavily promoted over here these days, and I find that resoundingly bland..sorry America.

Budweiser is alright, but it needs a partner. I usually take a bottle of Bud with a shot of Brandy, or a Scotch.

I usually sink a few bottles of beer, hit the JD and Coke when the lull comes and then finish up with a few shots for the road.

I discovered Bundaberg rum when I visited my sister in Australia, that stuff is mighty grand.

I just went to a Wine & Jazz Fest here in West Virginia. I tasted several wines I've never had before. One booth had a selection of honey wines. The blueberry and raspberry wines were sweet and good. Another place had a currant and grape wine that had a real snap to it. It almost crackled on my tongue. But the topper was a cinnamon & clove wine that was fantastic when heated.

I don't drink much anymore, but when I do I like vodka drinks like Lemon Drops, Apple Martinis and things like that thar. For beer, I like the Mexican variety. And I like liquors like Jägermeister and Baileys Irish Cream. I do like whiskey in my coffee occasionally too, but I'm not big on whiskey in general. That's MJP's poison.

I don't drink much, but when I do, it is often too much.
I like Amstel beer, Sleeman, Stella Artois, Coors light, dry wines.
I love Pastis, Amarula, Ramazzotti.

Almost everything. :)

I just went to a Wine & Jazz Fest here in West Virginia. I tasted several wines I've never had before. One booth had a selection of honey wines. The blueberry and raspberry wines were sweet and good. Another place had a currant and grape wine that had a real snap to it. It almost crackled on my tongue. But the topper was a cinnamon & clove wine that was fantastic when heated.

We refer to cinnamon and clove wine as mulled wine here in the UK and I believe in Europe too.:) It's cracking stuff.

If it's straight gin I go for the Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray Lumpur. But those "exotic botanicals" types don't mix well with citrus. Or citrus-based bubble water or whatever that Pellegrino is.

Which is a moot point, because last night it was bourbon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back