What are you listening to now? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a match. You two should date.

Oh! I'm listening to Mozart
mozart_portrait.jpg

What is this word "date", Gerard, huh, huh?. And I had to quote this to see Mozart's smug head again. Lucky little perverted genius.

ALSO...

I have gone beyond the search for NEW MUSIC. I have rebelled against this hideous CULT. It has caused me much AGONY and little ecstasy. I will throw my collection of cd's in the trash and listen to only Glen Miller until I die.

White Stripes

[This video is unavailable.]

...and every breath that is in your lungs is a tiny little gift to meeeeeeee...

That's what I suspected but you can't be too careful these days. I don't think it would hurt to ask him to show some credentials--just to be on the safe side.

Still stuck in a Beatles phase (after 32 years since my first Beatles album). A few random selections:

I've just seen a face
I want to tell you
Rain
Fixing a hole
I am the walrus
Hey bulldog
Glass onion
Long long long
I've got a feeling
I want you (she's so heavy)

I really need to get out more often.

no you don't. there's not much out there. you're doin' just fine with those selections. if you want more in the style of lennon and mccartney, try earlimart and elliott smith. that's just my opinion though. i kinda feel they're in the same ballpark...

elliott was a sad man indeed...

I just saw Martha Wainright in Montreal. It was sooo good!
Such a mouthful and presence. At one point in the show , her mother and aunt joined her for a few songs. They are the Mc Garrible sisters.
It was simply fantastic.

Still stuck in a Beatles phase (after 32 years since my first Beatles album). A few random selections:

I've just seen a face
I want to tell you
Rain
Fixing a hole
I am the walrus
Hey bulldog
Glass onion
Long long long
I've got a feeling
I want you (she's so heavy)

I really need to get out more often.

Cheers, mate. Cheers.

Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits :cool:

I'm listening to Canned Heat's Christmas Album (2007). - Imagine "Jingle Bells" song in a bluesy version...

Last edited by a moderator:
a friend sent me this song this morning. i'd never heard it or them, but it's always amusing when your name is in a song:

I get obsessive sometimes, so the past few days it's been:

ourmm.jpg

TVZ_Flyin_Shoes_Small.JPG

tvz.jpg

delta.jpg

TVZ_Sake_Song_Small.JPG

I'm a sucker for talented manic depressive self destructive creative types ;).

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but I'm listening to a guy named Tony Hightower. On another thread I mention a singer/songwriter who kinda turned me onto Bukowski - he's the guy. He's got some decent stuff, worthy of checking out, so maybe if you google his name you can listen to some of it. So The Hell What is a great song.

not exactly. it's an insider's joke about us, being people who like to sniff the bindings of rare books rather than read.

I could as well have chosen something like
AC/DC : 'Sniff upper binding'
or
Sniff Cave: 'Your literature my binding'
etc ...

Albuquerque - Motorpsycho

(Because I'm keeping it real in the 505, Odale Burque!...and because it was used on the 'soundtrack' for a fake spaghetti western called The Tussler)

As of late I've been logged on a lot to: WWW.SPOTIFY.COM.
Apply for an invite and you'll get one in a week or 3.
(PPL in England apparently don't need to wait.)
This site is chock full of complete albums with the ability to play tracks at will.
Scrobbling to Last.fm is also available.
Only minus is the slightly weak sound quality, but they're working on that.
I am hooked.
Grooveshark still has better sound quality, at the moment, so its a stand off between the two.

Anyone else here using spotify?

Last.fm
Bukowski.net
Butterfly.effect
hey.presto
Now.listening
To.this:
FL.kitchenette

Three incredible "Best of" CDs that I picked up for $2.99 each in the bargain bin at the drug store (Sav-On):

Duke Ellington (Mood Indigo is simply one of the best songs ever written)
Charlie Parker
Louis Armstrong (primarily the New Orleans jazz material, not the sappy commercial crap he fell victim to later in his career)

The CDs are from a label called TKO Licensing. The Parker CD sports 16 tracks (including White Christmas), the Armstrong CD boasts 17 tracks, and the Ellington disc features 16 awesome tracks, all of the CDs beautifully mixed.

bertlams.jpg

A great interpretation of the Bach Preludes and other early string pieces.

You can find this, along with many other great CDs, at Robert Fripp's website, digital global mobile, http://www.dgmlive.com

What's great is that more of the money goes to the artist from this source, and it's cheaper than other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back