What are you listening to now? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Byrds "Chimes of Freedom."

Yes, I know it's a Dylan tune:

But that damn killer bass tone Chris Hillman gets on the Byrds version is just another nail as to why I bleed bass.

275055.jpg

do you like it?

I have their first 2. heard this one was a bit different from those.

On my first listen. I think I do. It's interesting. Some big 'hoover' like dance beats on some tracks. Some dub elements (especially on the bonus disc). If you like the first two I'd say you'd probably like this. Reminds me in parts of Super Furry Animals. And Daft Punk. Something different from them certainly.

I Wanna Take You Higher - Sly and the Family Stone

It's actually off the Talk To Me soundtrack...damn good film with some goddamn great shouts on there.

I got pulled in by Skylarking when it came out and, yes, those doors remain open to this day.

Today I worked in my attic, assembling and customizing another Sculptocaster. My vinyl is up there...not in alphabetical order. I reached at random and drew out The Zombies Odessey and Oracle...I let them do their thing 5 or 6 times before I changed the record. Then I put it back in the MIDDLE of the collection, not the end.
Cant get enough of that one.

I feel like I'm in highschool again. I got a brand new 7" direct from the record company in the mail today.

Dead Kennedys' Plastic Surgery Desasters and the In God We Trust, Inc. ep.
There's no DK without Biafra,luckily he's going on with the Melvins.

Loved to do that.
The early Napalm Death records Scum, From Enslavement To Obliteration and
Mentally Murdered put Grindcore on the map and on its top.Totally love that sound.
Extreme Noise Terror absolutely rule,too.
Seen them live twice in the eighties and can't wait to see them play their new material from The Law Of Retaliation!!!

:D BLASTBEATS4EVER :D

I have seen Napalm Death many, many times. I always feel bad for the other bands on the bill. They always destroy the acts that play before AND after them; demoralize and punish them, whip those little death-metal asses like sniveling children.

I've been backstage with Carcass when they were a three-piece and had that dia projection thing while they played,shortly before the Earache raid and the covers were censored.Those three were calm like little babies.Friendly,intelligent musicians.No corpse eaters.

Ahh the Earache era, man now your talking. I was serving up very large torture and execution devices (passing them off as art in NY galleries) and was approached by Old, the band. They came to my studio, four teeny fuckers, very nice, very cordial and respectably NOT nimble-fingered, but they had just gotten their Earache deal and wanted to use my studio for a video...I worried for the misuse of my sculpture and declined. Dont suppose it ended up mattering...I was 27 and they were younger...all of us idiots. But I did like that record and regretted not making that happen.

Ahh, you kids. You need to talk about bands that we old folks can relate to as we sip our Geritol/Night Train/Metamucil cocktails.

....while we listen to Steely Dan- and drink the a fore mentioned medications and tell each other what great guys we use to be back in the bad old days.

You fuckin' punk kids! Your bands don't have any hot back up singers.

Dunno,scribbler.Pete Sandoval bought his drumkit in the depths of hell,I suppose.The cd I have is from 2006 with "Dead Shall Rise V.06" on it, maybe you meant the "World Downfall" album with David Vincent singing?That one came out in 1989, I believe.The double bass playing is frightening me because it is so damn good.Perhaps Sandoval signed a contract with the devil to make him be one of the most astonishing drummers in the world of extreme music.

I just watched the Bundesvisionsoundcontest on tele and Peter Fox from Berlin
has won.That's a good thing.He did a fine performance.Rage were the band from NRW contesting and I'm happy those cheesy metal studs didn't win.

Very interesting indeed Ambreen! Now will the name Bukowski bring a following to these guys-'just because'-they are using the name? The real Bukowski would have most likely NOT have liked the music at all. I am indifferent, it really sounds just like everything else to me. Thanks for posting and welcome! CRB:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Band names can be handy as a manner of distintion, some are ironic, some provocative, some taboo - sometimes a band-name is the best thing about a band, sometimes a band name can actually ruin their music. I suppose these guys hoped to draw strength-by-association...big fans, perhaps. Or maybe the Bukowski brothers are the guitarist and dummer (a la Van Halen). I'm with CRB, though, same ol stuff especially the vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back