What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since the election, I've fallen into old habits of lo-fi indie, post-rock instrumental, and Radiohead on a bit of a continuous loop. This one has come up a lot because of the fuzz that hits about a minute in. It matches my brain so well...

This is stripped down so far it's practically not there. The answer to the question, "How many instruments can we take away and still have something the kids will call a song?"

Anyway, I was fascinated by it. I won't listen to it again, but yeah. That one time was interesting.

The whole...package around this kid seems utterly contrived and manufactured (cringe), but I find something defiantly genuine about it somehow. Though the 60 year history of pop music would suggest that I'm probably wrong about that.

Peter Tosh! Babylon, your queendom is falling...

From the Equal Rights sessions, not released on an album during his lifetime.

Equal Rights should really have been a double album, with "rejects" like Babylon Queendom, Vampire, Mark of the Beast, Hammer, Can't Blame the Youth...those would have been the best tracks on most other reggae albums of the period. Incredible period for Tosh. Incredible life.

[This video is unavailable.]

Phil played bass on Cowboy Movie, Tamalpais High, Laughing and What Are Their Names. Neil Young and Jack Casady played bass on a couple of the others. I disliked the record for a while, but it really grew on me.

I´m listening to The Stones new album, "Blue & Lonesome". It's an okay album if you like traditional blues.

This kills me. It sounds like a song intro looped over and over into a song. Can't say I've heard anything quite this audacious in some time. I mean, who does that?

Yes lawd!

Have that on 45. My grandfather worked at a bar and used to give his grandchildren the 45s when they swapped out. I have a lot of Hall & Oates as well.

upload_2017-1-9_14-1-54.png

Spent all these years not even knowing the bootleg WASN'T Albert Hall. This one's definitely a cleaner, clearer recording.

Spent all these years not even knowing the bootleg WASN'T Albert Hall. This one's definitely a cleaner, clearer recording.
The Dylan live boxed set is currently outta my league but it is on my list of expensive things to save up for, that and bikes for the boys. Gonna listen to this

today at work. It's in my wheelhouse, as the millennials are known to say.

I'm not even sure what we are watching here.

I swear I was watching a motivational video about how you should manage your time wisely. From there I came to the Greatest Fight Scenes in Movie History to this. Whatever it is. A French band, obviously. Rather catchy imagery, don't you think?

I'm not even sure what we are watching here. Whatever it is. A French band, obviously. Rather catchy imagery, don't you think?
Johannes, the text is by a famous poet, Léo Ferré. Unfortunately there is no mention of Ferré in the vidéo.
Ferré was quite political. Worth looking into. There are a few videos of Ferré on YT.
Thank You Satan
Léo Ferré
Pour la flamme que tu allumes
Au creux d'un lit pauvr' ou rupin
Pour le plaisir qui s'y consume
Dans la toile ou dans le satin
Pour les enfants que tu ranimes
Au fond des dortoirs chérubins
Pour leurs pétales anonymes
Comme la rose du matin
Thank you Satan
Pour le voleur que tu recouvres