What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan-tindrum.jpg

I actually watched The Carson Daly Show last night because I am strung out on painkillers and not thinking clearly. But I was glad to discover this band....

nervas - One of my biggest concert-going regrets was never getting around to seeing S-K when they came to town. Seemed like I was always busy working or too broke or something. I hope they get back on the road someday - I won't blow it a second time.

they were good live, saw them open for pearl jam years ago. and on that note, check out Tegan & Sara if you have not. They're still touring, pretty good live as well. I saw them at the hollywood bowl in 09.

[This video is unavailable.]

Trent Reznor, after hearing that version, said the song now belonged to Johnny Cash.

excellent video, also.

When I first heard that song I thought (as I often do), "Oh, you hurt yourself to see if you could feel! You poor, whining bitch, go fuck yourself." And that's still the feeling I get when I hear him sing it. Go fuck yourself.

That guy is fine for what he does, whatever you call that scratchy useless shit, but he'll never carry the weight that someone like Cash does. Because he'll never have the experiences in his life to give his music or his voice any of that soul or power. It's not his fault that he's hollow, but he is. Compared to his peers, he's good, and really, I like his philosophy and a lot of the things I've heard him say. But you can't compare that cranky little whisp to any old school singer. There is no comparison to be made.

The Cash cover of his song proves that now and forever, and it says all that needs to be said about that. He didn't give that song to Cash, Cash took it.

FTW

Good thing Cash never covered a Clash song or a Bad Brains song or a Testors song.

I doubt anyone will "like" the NIN post. mjp doesn't like it. That's exactly why I don't the "like" feature. Fascism sucks ! FTW!! The irony is blackboard jungle wanderlust-buffet.

Good thing Cash never covered a Clash song or a Bad Brains song or a Testors song.

he and Strummer did however cover a Bob Marley song. it's good, but doesn't resonate like the original.

[This video is unavailable.]

he and Strummer did however cover a Bob Marley song. it's good, but doesn't resonate like the original.
Yeah, they fucked that up. Should not have had Cash (or Strummer) sing the Rasta "I" - he might have been better off replacing it with "me." Cash seems to stumble over the "I"s, which is understandable.

I can hear him now; "What the fuck is this? 'Minutes after they took I?' I'll sound like an idiot and asshole singing this!" Meanwhile Rick Rubin is checking the IV drip and saying, "No Johnny, it's great Johnny, keep singing Johnny, we still have three reels of tape left..."

sparked from a recent conversation, I just realized I've been listening to snoop dogg for 18 years! Holy SHIT! where did time go? not trying to wage a hip hop sucks or hip hop rules war, but this is on my stereo right now and i love good ole' snoop!

Heard this on CBC Radio One a couple times on Sunday.

Other people I know are much more well versed in the intricacies of the Vincent.

There's a new "punk rock supergroup" on the scene called Wild Flag with a new album due out in September.
Carrie Brownstein and Janet Weiss (Sleatter-Kinney), Mary Timony (Helium), Rebecca Cole (The Minders)

The first single sounds good to me:

LISTEN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back