What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. Volume 8 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listing to MC5 on youtube at work because I just got notified from Da Capo Press that I won their contest. They will be sending me the new MC5 vinyl boxed set & Wayne Kramer book. Too cool.

I fucking HATE the word bittersweet. But the Kris show was kinda that way. His lyric monitor kept going out and he'd have to stop. And this happened 6 times. Age on display on the stage with no where run. So it's kind of sad, but there is this grace within his band that vibrates out in to the auduence, and it's the most compassionate, beautiful thing you've ever seen.

By lyric monitor I mean, like a tele screen in case he forgets the lyrics.

Lou-Reed-Metal-Machine-Music.jpg
[WIDTH=200]
That's one SICK album. I remember a time, when I used to listen to track #3 when I was hungover. (Don't know, why it was only this one and not the whole album.) Somehow it felt good to hear this, laying on a sofa, feeling wrecked.

Reactions: mjp
That's funny, and it serves to prove people wrong when they say all four sides are just the same noise.

Hey, yesterday someone posted on fb Nina's version of Ziggy. It's been so long since I heard it that I forgot it existed. Anything but boring, that.

and the Clash covered this. I know I've posted this before. Such a great tune & performance.

Ugh, right I hear ya. Maybe one disc w the best alternate versions of each song and that's it or just the NY sessions.

I probably posted this here years ago, but for those who might actually care and perhaps missed that, Pino Palladino is an absolute Mutha Fucka. The lick he plays from 1:02-1:04 is so simple that I can't possibly figure it out:

youtube refers to Henry Badowski as "this strange English dandy." I think that's a fair assessment. Stumbled upon this funny new wave-y nugget from 1979.

I have seen Kate Wolf in Vancouver years ago. She died a little after that show. She was truly great. I have a couple of cds and still listen to her.

Maggie Roche died last year, and her sister put out a nice collection of some of her songs and demos called Where Do I Come From.

roche.jpg

Here's one of the demos.

And a Roches song that I've probably posted here many times, but one that still, after hearing it 200 or 300 times over 30 or 40 years, makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up at that one certain point where the skies open up and that pure sound flows down and covers everything in its path.

It's funny that they've come to be known as the Mats, since calling them The Placemats started out as kind of a mocking, minor insult (no relation to a minor poet) that was thrown around whenever someone wanted to talk shit about them.

Then again, I suppose it's foolish to try to insult someone - or a group of someones - who are virtually un-insultable. They are bound to embrace your insult and leave you stranded and insultless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back