What are you listening to now? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
today is the day it finally happenned. we all knew it was coming.
all Clash all the time.
clash-london-calling.jpg

Sandinista.jpg
These two alone would make my day. I haven't heard Sandinista in over 15 years. It's one of those CDs I keep meaning to buy. Two straight up masterpieces right there.

Y'know, I always thought that Sandinista! would make a great double-album. It always seemed to me that it was two parts masterpiece to one part filler. London Calling is perfect as is.

Y'know, I always thought that Sandinista! would make a great double-album. It always seemed to me that it was two parts masterpiece to one part filler. London Calling is perfect as is.
I thought the same thing when it came out, but now I don't know what I'd cut. I'm glad to be able to hear things like Rebel Waltz, as un-Clash-like (to coin a clumsy phrase) as it may be. And some of the instrumental stuff...I don't know. It's a long listen, but it's like a trip to somewhere. Not sure where. Not Nicaragua, despite the title.

I always liked what Mick Jones had to say about Sandinista! (paraphrase):
It's an album for oil rig workers and people stationed in Antarctica who can't get to the record store every week.

and I don't know what I would cut from that album either, but I've never really warmed up to Hitsville, U.K. don't know why.
but yes, a masterpiece.

and I'll gladly co-DJ anywhere.

I always liked what Mick Jones had to say about Sandinista! (paraphrase):
It's an album for oil rig workers and people stationed in Antarctica who can't get to the record store every week.
Well, I lived in Minnesota when it came out. Same thing as being stationed in Antarctica.

The third annual Bukowski dot Net reunion (Update)

When we all get together,
for the third annual Bukowski dot Net reunion,
I nominate hoochmonkey9 to be DJ

mjp shall entertain us with The Three Best Of Everly Brothers covers.
Special guests: Sonny Vincent (background vocals) & esart (drums).

Tiff, I work as a writer for Roy Orbison Records, more specifically for Roy Oribison Radio, which will making a viral launch on the internet soon.

As to what I've been listening to today: the "Alice" album by Tom Waits.

Hey Carversdog-Very COOL!!!

Kimchi rocks!
It was breakfast for me in Hong Kong.

Tell the SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I lived with a Korean/American girl for a few years, and if I never smell kimchi again it will be too soon. Her mother made the stuff and buried it in the yard in a clay pot for some ridiculous period of time before they ate it. It always smelled like boiling dirty diapers to me. But I am a round eye, so what do I know.

That is a much coveted job in Japan, it's the only way to cop a feel on a stranger and get away with it. ALso the job qualifies them as massaage therapists or chiropractors. Really.

That's funny, when I was over there it happened to me all the time. The old ladies were the best, they'd let fly with the hand bag sometimes and you'd get caught in the elbows and the shin kicks, and then on board everything went quiet. I guess you could call it a kind of massage, I felt relief when I finally got on.

at this moment

I am listening to Amy Winehouse.

Love her or hate her, the woman can write a mean song.

...anyone care to dance?

Badfinger, Wish You Were Here. A few months ago, while at work, a riff and a lyric came into my head. Couldn't figure it out. Almost desperate as it was an ear worm worth searching for. It's amazing how the brain can isolate something until it is almost a remix of the actual thing and then play it over and over. Buggered if a listen to the lp now can solve why it was really important to me a couple months ago. But I know it's here. And hear.

I've had the theme to the old Brit situation comedy On The Buses pop into my head for the last few weeks. Probably because it's being rerun on the tube here and I'm taping it to watch it. "You're going to get the sack this time Butler!", or so says Blakey.
bp aka
ralf kraptout

"Oh its a great life On The Buses!"

Classic.

:eek: I 'ate you Butler!

Listening to Super Furry Animals - Guerrilla LP.

....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- best place i've found it so far is a compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes.

:cool: :p :D :)

I'm going to see Leonard Cohen tonight, so I'm listening to A LOT of him.

I'm very excited, he was one of my early heroes, and this is the first time he's been to town in about 40 years. needless to say, being 39, I missed him the first time. although I saw Johnny Cash in concert when I was 10.

whatever, I'm very psyched, having a few drinks now. not too many, just enough.

I'm going to see Leonard Cohen tonight, so I'm listening to A LOT of him.
cool hooch!! I'd love to see leonard too. I've been listening to him since the late sixty's. I think that I liked his earlier stuff better than his present work, but that might have just been the LSD that i indulged in in those days.:rolleyes: still great tho and he really has passed the test of time, but have you ever heard anyone else's voice that has changed as much as his? probably too late to lay off the cig's now. enjoy! and let us know how it was...

gerard, the link thingy didn't work. but I'm seeing THE Leonard...;)

1fsh2fsh, I'll give full report tomorrow.

Nothing in particular has caught my attention lately. But I have been making it a habit to fall asleep with the FM radio tuned to our local classical music station. Last night I dreamed of a bumblebee swirling around me, and I could not shake him, no matter what. I woke up kinda freaked out, and realized the "bumblebee" was this menacing tuba solo from god-knows-what symphonic piece playing at the time. Aint the subconscious cool ?

Yes and I think you should eat some honey.
I too like to listen to the classical music. Bukowski listened enough to know the names of the composers and the symphonies. It is good to listen to classical music. It will get the bees out of your bonnet and the bats out of your belfry. ;)
I listen to Mozart and Bach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back