What are you listening to now? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
41Y1XQ2JBBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

now, That is a cool one, chronic!
I came to know it through my father long ago...

Zappa/Mothers: Just Another Band From L.A. - Very funny lyrics! Especially on "Billy The Mountain" and "Magdalena"...

"Listen you communist son of a bitch, you better get your ass down there for your fuckin' physical, or we'll see to it that you get used as fill-dirt in an impending New Jersey marsh reclamation, and your girlfriend there will wind up disguised as a series of brooms, primitive ironing boards, or a dog house, get the picture?!"

I am listening to Tom Russell,
Beautiful Trouble, of
Love and Fear

Do you have Hotwalker?
Zats a must have methinks.

hell yeeeeh, i'm aware, that most of you wouldn't consider to even listen to that guy Once.
besides: males who like him are supposed to be sissies.
- but, what i'm listening to now is:

Robbie Williams: Make me pure!

maybe you should give it a try, be it only for the lines:

"I never found a job, that for me was worth bothering.
I got a ton of selfish genes and lazy bones beneath this skin.
Oh Lord, make me pure - but not yet!"

alternate take:
(Live in Berlin, where he first introduced that album to the public.)
- incl. some funny details:
1. he's taping the song as "an instant bootleg" and giving the tape to a guy in the audience.
2. he needs to read the lyrics from a paper! - it was pre-tour...
3. at one point, he says straight to a cameraman: "move out the way, they can't see!".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_90b3cLSB3I

(maybe i'm a little romantic about that performance, as i've seen that concert on german tv, live, when he had the world-premiere of 'intensive care' - Great concert.
even though the album has a Lot of weak songs. but then, there's 'Advertising Space' and 'Make me Pure' ...)

"Listen you communist son of a bitch, you better get your ass down there for your fuckin' physical, or we'll see to it that you get used as fill-dirt in an impending New Jersey marsh reclamation, and your girlfriend there will wind up disguised as a series of brooms, primitive ironing boards, or a dog house, get the picture?!"

LOL - Which Zappa song is that quote from? :D

The Zutons - You Can Do Anything.

51wSao5tz4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

"Billy the Mountain" from Just Another Band from L.A.

Really? It's embarrassing, but those lines escapes me. It is a very long track (almost 25 min.) but still. I'll give it another listen...:o

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what it is. I'm at a friend's house and she's cooking me dinner. It's her music, which is usually fresh and good. It sounds a little bit like a modernized The Cure when they were in a bouncy mood. I should ask her about it before it changes...

I don't know what it is. I'm at a friend's house and she's cooking me dinner. It's her music, which is usually fresh and good. It sounds a little bit like a modernized The Cure when they were in a bouncy mood. I should ask her about it before it changes...

Interpol?

Guess the record: I have Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures, not sure about the other one. Looks like a Dinosaur Jr cover, but it isn't. The cover looks familiar though. Who is still listening to Dinosaur Jr ? The've been reunited in 2005.

I saw dinosaur jr in Northhampton, MA last year. Really it was just J and he stopped by a poetry reading (which was in Yod Space, which is more like being in a friends living room) and played one cool song. I was hoping that he would sink. The funny thing is that he talks the same way that he sings, so if you listen to him sing, you can imagine what he sounds like when he talks. Here is the video. As you can see, I am sitting about 18" away from him. I have been a big fan for a while, so this was very cool...

Bill

I saw dinosaur jr in Northhampton, MA last year.
[...]

Thanks for the link. Dinosaur jr on tour:

June 15, 2008 Vega Copenhagen, Denmark
Tickets 280kr. +gebyr

(Come on bukfan, come out of your Zappa, Dylan, Led Zeppelin cage.)

July 10, 2008 Doornroosje Nijmegen, Holland
Tickets € 17,50

July 11, 2008 Melkweg Amsterdam, Holland
aanvang: 21:00 uur open: 20:00 uur toegang: € 17,00 + lidm

€ 17,50 -> about $25 or so for a concert.
It isn't about the money, but hey, it seems that farting alone, once a day, is not even for free anymore.

Dinosaur jr on tour:
[...]

It's MY cage and I'm sticking to it! Just feed me with whiskey and raw whores now and then and I'll be fine...;)

About $25? Hell, we have to pay about $56 (280 kr.) here! I think I'll sell my cage and move to Holland...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon me, but yes Father Luke,

Tim - The Replacements:

5. Waitress In The Sky​

Love that song. . .

Tim - The Replacements:
Waitress In The Sky

She don't wear no pants and she don't wear no tie
Always on the ball, she's always on strike
Struttin' up the aisle, big deal, you get to fly
You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky

Paid my fare, don't wanna complain
You get to me, you're always outta champagne
Treat me like a bum, don't wear no tie
'cause you ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky

And the sign says, "Thank you very much for not smoking"
My own sign says, "I'm sorry, I'm smokin'"
Don't treat me special, don't kiss my ass
Treat me like the way they treat 'em up in first class

Sanitation expert and a maintenance engineer
Garbage man, a janitor and you my dear
A real union flight attendant, my oh my

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

61j1liVraOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Betty Blowtorch - Get Off

I'm pretty jaded when it comes to music, but this one sends shivers up me spine, kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back