What are you listening to now? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba
[...]

my son Sam loves Yo Gabba Gabba. he nearly had a conniption the day the Shins were on. he loves the Shins.

but right now I'm listening to...

Clash_Shea_cover.jpg

2941895663_f41bd3047b_o.jpg

Black Ice - the new one by AC DC

That picture above has nothing what-so-ever to
do with the album, I just like looking at it.

Neither does this one:

2942754586_2d5ba901f6_o.jpg

But I think it's funny.

Here they are:
Angus and Malcom

Angus is over fifty now,
and Malcom?

Well, Malcom is still ugly as sin.

2942768718_07902294ea_o.jpg

i get hooked on songs. this is one i've been listening to a lot lately. it sounds really good loud. that's part of the reason i've been liking it so much i think. elliott smith went through this phase were his sound reminds me of Matthew Sweet's but with much darker lyrics.

The first four minutes of Springsteen's Jungleland on repeat. Can't deal with the five minute sax solo, however. Is something wrong with me?

No. I remeber once, years ago, when my little brother said, "God! I hate a fucking saxophone". Now, I don't always agree, but I do believe in that instance, 'The Boss" was involved.CRB:)

The first four minutes of Springsteen's Jungleland on repeat.

I remember being about 20 and having that song as loud as possible in my mothers car at nights, when all the streets were empty.

My timing was perfect: When it came to the last part, where he shouts his soul out into the world, I used to have the car on top of a hill and drive it down in the dark like mad - and with the last accords I reached the foot of the hill.

i get hooked on songs.
[...]
kudos, vodka, kudos! "strung out again' is another heavy one. the more i listen to "from a basement" the more i think it's one of his best. but i think whatever elliott smith album i'm listening to at the time is the best. basically they're all fucking great.

sorry, it's not very popular here; (it's U2).
but i've just been watching this video again - and somehow it reminds me of our Father ...

[This video is unavailable.]

(Wim Wenders fans are invited too.)

2941895663_f41bd3047b_o.jpg

That picture above has nothing what-so-ever to
do with the album, I just like looking at it.

let us peruse this one a little longer.

listening to the bbc world service. in tanzania today they are demonstrating for a greater protection of albinos. that's what i thought, but apparently 30 albinos have been sacrificed this year alone. their bones are an ingredient in a potion that witch doctors claim will make you rich.

but what i want to know is, does it work?

last night my girl brought to my knowledge a band/guy who is perfectly depressive. have never heared of him before. (did you?)
it's
Dakota Suite (Chris Hooson).

If only to harken back to the begining of this thread... Led Zeppelin... #3 'Since I've Been Loving You'.... find it and give a listen...

glad you liked it folks!

since it is so:
this guy (his name is Helge Schneider) had the role of one A. H****r in a COMEDY about that person.
(May the mods link this to the N*zi-thread if requested - or to the Movie-thread maybe.)

i think, even if you don't know the language, you might enjoy the performance in trailer.
(let me ensure you: if you Did get it All, it even beats Chaplins 'Dictator'-performance.)

Dug up a casette by the Aus/NZ band "Dragon" recently.
Good songs performed well - an album from the 70's -

can't remember the title but
the song "Same Old Blues" is on it

so there you go

Kings of Leon is good. But definetely not up with Against Me!. We could very well go into a battle right now if you are willing to further disagree with me!

is a nice ballad-version of
Bruce Springsteen: 'New York City Serenade'

only - he screws up the BEST line:
"It's a mad dog's promenade
so WALK TALL
- - or, baby, Don't walk AT ALL."

That's my favourite guitar 'lick'? 'noodle'? whatever you like to call it.

This was a B-side to one of their last singles, "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish". Supposedly the only time they performed it live.

Let's all :)

laughing.

just for that i really am going to teach myself to play guitar.

god look at how young Morrissey is.

i like the extra dramatic vocal stylings.

1986. i was 12.

you?

Well I'm quite serious about learning it, although at the moment I still can't pick to save my life.

I love The Smiths and Morrissey but those 'stylings' didn't enhance that song really did they? Not his most heart wrenching lyric either. Still, very Carry On Cleo.

December 1986... erm, 14. But you know, with an old head on young shoulders.

see? i thought you were an old man. ;)

yah, no, not the most heart wrenching lyrics he's ever written, but a damned good lyricist regardless.

i'm serious about learning it also. it's one of those things you plan on definitely doing before you die.

not heart wrenching!?!

Send me the pillow, the one that you dream on.

kidding, but that's a good line.

as far as the vocal stylings go, he's just trying to prove to everyone that he was at that first Sex Pistols show in Manchester. he sounds a bit like Johnny Rotten when he growls, or is it just me?

December, 1986? 18.

uuuuuuhhhhhhhh shit. where's my copies of NME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back