What are you listening to now? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zappa: You can't do that on stage anymore vol.3...

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to Blind Willie Mctell - Atlanta Strut.

When it ends in five minutes I plan to play The Pogues - Rum, Sodomy and the Lash.

wow... that's a lot of pictures!

Did anyone see her go beserk and beat the shit out of that Malaysian reporter?
That sort of changed my opinion of her - I've enjoyed some of her music, but after passing through customs and being greeted by reporters - one of whom said "Welcome to Malaysia", she went crazy and tried to rip this womans head off.

Some people never go crazy....

been listening to the band Sex Mob, their new CD is called
Sexotica. Steven Bernstein, the leader, plays a slide trumpet!
I'm a hard core free form jazz guy but this is fairly easy listening.
Almost commercial. And who can go wrong with a band name
like that?
---Hank

Right now, "your blues" by Destroyer, Dan Bejar's 2004 cd. Lines of inspiration: "don't become the thing you hated", "it's you and your kind: the new ways of living!", "we held up our vile end."

Before that "a bucket of brains" by The Flamin' Groovies, from 1972 recordings. Mainly because I caught The Raconteurs on PBS last night covering the Groovies' 'heading for the texas border' and I don't have that on anything but vinyl (and no turntable). 'slow death' is a great Roy Loney/Cyril Jordan tune.

ProfessorRiffs said:
For the life of me, I cannot understand why people think Bjork to be A) attractive and/or B) talented.

Not knocking anyone's taste, mind you...I'm just sayin'.....

Professorriffs,
I disagree, but them that is my opinion. That is the thing about beauty, of course. She is very much an uncommon beauty (in my opinion).

Buk On a Bike,

I did see the attack on that lady at the airport. Funny and scary at the same time. Very explosive temper. Much like the Buk/Linda fight, it comes out of no where. I will try to find it on youtube.

I tend to agree.
Some decent song writing and interpretive skills though.

Same old shit, isn't it?
The music is not the musician nor vice versa
The writing is not the writer, etc...

Just finished Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?: the best of The Replacements. The band was a Matt Dillon fave. "I could live without your touch, I could die within your reach."

Before that Robyn Hitchcock, Ole! Tarantula. Stilling growing on me but I've stuck with Robyn since The Soft Boys and Wading Through a Ventilator.

Back to work tomorrow. Less music, more static. Music is better. Static just gets me out of the habit of even thinking to listen to music.

This song will change your life (even if you only have half a heart):

Amoreena
by Elton John

Seriously.

brother ,

tumbleweed connection is perhaps elton's best record. when i was in highschool in the seventies i would listen to that one over and over again. i havent heard it in a long time and might not like it so much now but - i think many of his songs hold up. goodbye yellow brick road. thats a good one.

anyway - anyone know bob dylan's greatest song - "brownsville girl"? listen to that sometime. oh yes - gregory peck.

Smashing-Pumpkins-Rotten-Apples-Gre-200371.jpg

I'm listening to Canned Heat: Livin'the Blues and the Underwater Poetry Festival ;)

Jeff Buckley's "Grace" and RHCP's "Stadium Arcadium" are in high rotation on my stereo at the moment. also Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps".

Rage Against The Machine's-"The Battle of Los Angeles"
Sleep Now In The Fire is one of the most awesome songs ever created.

Yesterday it was Tony Bennett's-"Perfectly Frank"

Jeff Buckley's "Grace" and RHCP's "Stadium Arcadium" are in high rotation on my stereo at the moment. also Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps".

I think you're person #2 that I've met since SA came out that likes it.

EDIT: I suppose I've not really met you, but at least you're the second I've heard of.

Frank Zappa: Joe's Garage...one of the best Zappa albums...

I thought I'm the only one who listened to G Y B E Some of their 10 minutes:) songs a few years ago... Must be somewhere on some puter in the dusty house.

don't get me wrong, I like led zep and own some of their stuff but I just think they are overrated.

now lets focus on the task at hand.
what are you listening to right now?

Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Yanqui U. X. O.
9/15/00 (Part One)
See my former reply.

Back from work. Cooking. Not doing the dishes. Coffee.

Nights in a row listening to The Night Of Elliott Smith while drinking,writing, smoking.

I woke up somewhere around december.

http://www.concertzender.nl/rod.php?theme=14&rod=de+nacht:+varia

click: oktober 2006
click: zo 22 okt 01:02 De Nacht Varia

6 hours Elliott.

Rickie Lee Jones

My girlfriend played drums on a Rickie Lee Jones album. That's got nothing to do with anything, but I thought I'd throw it in there. ;)
Interesting...I am a huge RLJ admirer and have seen her live countless times. The last time was at this place called Pappy and Harriet's in Pioneertown, CA, which is way out in the desert and a pretty far drive from where I live. Of course it was worth it. She played a few songs from her new album which is coming out Feb. 6th. It is going to be a different sounding album from anything she's done in the past, but very good nonetheless. I've already pre-ordered the CD and have tickets to see her on March 1st in Los Angeles. Can't wait...

Pioneertown! There's nothing out there! Ha. I love that area, I spent lots of time in Joshua Tree in the 90's. Even lived out there briefly in a cabin with no running water when an old girlfriend threw me out of the house. You have to be a badass to live out there. Those people are crazy.

Grinderman - Grinderman. Nick Cave and co. bring the house down on this one. "I've got some words of wisdom" (from Get It On) followed by No Pussy Blues :D

M Ward - PostWar. Great album, not as good as Transfiguration of Vincent, but almost there.

Cale & Clapton - The Road to Escondido . Even if most of the songs were written by Cale, this is a bit lame. Too bad, really. I blame it on Clapton ;)

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Live at the Fillmore East. 1970 gig -widely available as bootleg- released last December. Grab the CD/DVD version if you can because there's a high quality stereo pcm track (96khz/24bits) which sounds so good it seems you're there. Ragged, edgy, gloriously primitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back