What are you listening to now? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading Greil Marcus' book on Dylan's Like a Rolling Stone. So I listened to Highway 61 Revisited. Now have a collection from Mojo magazine playing, "the roots of Bob Dylan". The Country Gentlemen doing House of the Rising Son, Hank Williams doing Lost Highway. Stuff like that.

BobMarley.jpg

'songs of freedom' collection

is anyone here using last.fm? i've been listening to heaps of new music for free on this site. kinda like pandora.com (which all non-US people got barred from when they discovered we were using 90210 as our fake zip code), but more confusing to use.

Jars of Clay - Much Afraid - Five Candles (You Were There)
Radiohead - OK Computer - Lucky

It seems like I always get around to posting in this thread just as the song that I am listening to changes.

Here are some recent hits from my "Recommended Heavy Metal" station at pandora.com.
Hammerfall - Glory to the Brave DE - Steel Meets Steel
Judas Priest - Metal Works '73-'93 - Deliver the Goods
Megadeath - Megadeath GH Back to the Start - Dread and the Fugitive Mind
Metallica - Kill 'Em All - Metal Miltia
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys The Legacy On Tours 05-06 Sao Paolo
- Eagle Fly Free
Lacuna Coil - In A Reverie - To Myself I Turned
Blind Guardian - The Forgotten Tales - Black Chamber
Rebellion - Sagas of Iceland - Yngling Saga (To Odin We Call)

Having found the blogosphere I've now downloaded, "unpacked" and am listening to a live recording of The Replacements, Inconcerated ep. Answering Machine on now. I'm so out of touch I didn't even know it existed until ten minutes ago. And I occasionally visit the Men Without Ties site.

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden - Remember Tomorrow
Iced Earth - The Blessed and the Damned - Burning Times
Gamma Ray - No World Order - New World Order
Black Sabbath - Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978) - Symptom of the Universe
Megadeath - Rust in Peace - Lucretia

Listening to a bootleg of Led Zeppelin at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go recorded Jan 5, 1969... 7 days before their first LP came out. The set includes Train Kept A-Rollin', For Your Love (a Yardbirds standard), Killin' Floor (a pre-plagiarized-proto-version The Lemon Song) and a song I've never heard of before titled As Long As I Have You.

Sound quality is pretty good for a bootleg, but the performance (even though it's a little rough at times) really brings home what a great fucking live band they were in their early days.

I'm listening to Miles Davis now. I discovered his music a long time ago and i can say that he was a truly genius. Amazing music.

DUDE LUKE
that site is awesome
those hank III live recordings were great
i cranked a couple of them up
and the sound quality was not what you'd expect from bootlegs
thanks alot for the link

ass jack....nope
i'll have to research

hank iii's punk band.

i also just got my wu-tang tickets.

i'm diverse like that.

i think.

let me show you this band also, in relation to hank iii, good stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/thosepoorbastards
Those Poor Bastards - Hellfire Hymns

"Those Poor Bastards Are the best Gothic Country I have heard yet to this day. The depressing gloomy vocals coming out of this drifter named Lonesome Wyatt has hints of Marilyn Manson to Nick Cave, Throwrag and maybe even a hint of a demented Adam Ant with a shot of a Pilled Up Johnny Cash... And the Minister is backing up Lonesome Wyatt with a style that is a cross between erie strung out folk music with a creepy blend of The Nightmare Before Christmas!!!!!!!!!" -Hank Williams III

place holder said:
let me show you this band also, in relation to hank iii, good stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/thosepoorbastards
Those Poor Bastards - Hellfire Hymns

"Those Poor Bastards Are the best Gothic Country I have heard yet to this day. The depressing gloomy vocals coming out of this drifter named Lonesome Wyatt has hints of Marilyn Manson to Nick Cave, Throwrag and maybe even a hint of a demented Adam Ant with a shot of a Pilled Up Johnny Cash... And the Minister is backing up Lonesome Wyatt with a style that is a cross between erie strung out folk music with a creepy blend of The Nightmare Before Christmas!!!!!!!!!" -Hank Williams III

just sent them a friends request. pretty cool.
thanks.

Yes. I will merge consecutive posts (if I see them) unless they're about completely different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back