What are you listening to now? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the Dictators albums, but I could never really latch on to them.

they are definitely a 'cup of tea' band. either they work for you or don't. no amount of cream or sugar can fix it.

Funplex by the B-52's

how is it?

me?
cover_large.jpg

B0009JE58K.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

51dMjuHG-NL._SS500_.jpg

the hold steady

citrus: (fan made video, but great nonetheless.)
[This video is unavailable.]

you can make him like you: (video.)

first night: (another fan made, great song, p.s. the video is bleh, just listen to the song.)

chill-out tent: (a contest video, pretty good.)

Pavel Stratan: M-am nascut de ziua mea

a guy from Romania. Very relaxed song.
the lyrics are pure nonsense (like: "I was born on my birthday - o what luck!").

[This video is unavailable.]

1-9cdb82bbd770c49b.jpg

cleaning the house. it's my son's birthday today, he's 4.
some good cleaning music....

Strummer,%20Joe%20&%20The%20Mescaleros%20-%20Streetcore.jpg

mescaleros.gif

58dd3bb66ae5cb7a9c4a832cfce269e3.jpg

I love this. Especially love how the sound changes when the door opens. The sound is less restrained. Or is that my mind playing tricks on me? I have never heard of him, but that is an amazing cool song.

Thanks,
Bill

Chronic that is obscure. I have that on CD nice music. I Scare Myself or do I have the name wrong. Is that band from the bay area? Santa Cruz or Los Gatos?

Is it obscure? I don't really know... I still have a copy on vinyl from when it was new. Looking at the customer reviews on Amazon, it's interesting that several say that they think it's the best live album ever. Dan Hicks was an original member of The Charlatans, said to be the first "hippie" band from the bay area (SF I think), and yes, I Scare Myself is on the album and a great song to boot. There's no other music like it.

João Gilberto (1973, Brasil) Polydor 2451073 (reissued 1978, Polyfar 2493 102)
Recorded: Águas de Março, Undiú, Na Baixa do Sapateiro, Avarandado, Falsa Baiana; Eu Quero um Samba, Eu Vim da Bahia, Isabel (Bebel), É Preciso Perdoar, Izaura.

To many people, a boring album. A fucking masterpiece to my ears: mesmerizing is too unfair a word to describe that voice with that acoustic guitar and that minimal percussion-so minimal it seems it's just not there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coincidence , this morning pulled out Astrud Gilberto's finest Hour ,
a Verve Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
today is the day it finally happenned. we all knew it was coming.
all Clash all the time.

The_Clash.jpg
72899.jpg

clash-london-calling.jpg

Sandinista.jpg

B00002MVQT.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

2039409-78140536.jpg

74040.jpg

When and where? I'm sure I will find some way to contribute something to help get him there. He does live at one of the farthest points away from anything. He does find some nice stuff to listen to. Chronic should be the co-DJ. Yes?

But who will be the bartender?;)

Tiff, I work as a writer for Roy Orbison Records, more specifically for Roy Oribison Radio, which will making a viral launch on the internet soon.

As to what I've been listening to today: the "Alice" album by Tom Waits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back