What are you listening to now? (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm the only person i know who could jump from the smiths to this:

a girl can't be emo all the time.

oh kanye. why you gotta be so bad but feel so good?

that is what rhyme is for.

but now the stooges

'i wanna be your dog'

[This video is unavailable.]

Eric Clapton, You Can't Judge A Book By Lookin' At The Cover. Ahh, The BLUES !!...."I look like a farmer, but I'm a lover.
You can't judge the book by lookin' at the cover".

Now, Beethoven, Violin Sonata in F major. Incidently, it is featured in, 'Born Into This', which I think I may go and watch right now.(After the song is over). GoodNight All!! CRB

I go through music phases alot. Right now I just started an old slayer phase (their first album: Show No Mercy)
I know Bukowski would hate it but I love it... Makes me feel alive!

I've been listening to Ken Navarro (Jazz guitarist) for years. I just looked on google to find a song and was surprised to find this on his blog. I found that quote for my signature in a book The Mozart Effect. The Albert Einstein quote was a chapter heading. I like all kinds of music except Valerian.
Ken Naverro . It's what you listen to when you get old after a life lived surrounded by guitar players.

VMC-VaughanStevie-Flood-Cover.jpg

The Mozart Effect is a great book. Have you ever listened to the Cd's that came out to accompany it? There is one geared toward creativity, and I have to say that I used to get some good writing time in while listening to it. CRB:)

I saw your post and had to put it on.
love Dexter's solo on Tanya.

great album cover, also:

6si5izb.jpg

Martha Wainwright,

2 billet(s) pour Martha Wainwright
vendredi le 12 décembre 2008 à 20h00 au Métropolis (59 rue Ste-Catherine, Montréal, QC).

Last edited by a moderator:
Beethoven, Moonlight Sonata. My Mom used to play it on the piano when I was a kid. God the power of those memories. A complete and perfect piece. Peace. CRB

Radiohead - In Rainbows - Disc 2.

Radiohead's seventh album, In Rainbows, was released on 10 October 2007 as a digital download for which customers chose their own price. Although it was reported that 1.2 million digital downloads were sold by the day of the album's release, the band's management did not release official sales figures, claiming that the Internet-only distribution was intended to boost sales of the physical album. Yet according to Yorke, Radiohead's profits from the digital download of In Rainbows outstripped combined profits from digital downloads of all of the band's other studio albums. Explaining the reasons behind the album's delivery and pricing scheme, Jonny Greenwood said, "It was an experiment that felt worth trying...[and] it's fun to make people stop for a few seconds and think about what music is worth."
A "discbox" including a bonus CD from the recording sessions, a double vinyl edition of the album, and a hardcover book of artwork, $85 was released in early December
© Wikipedia.

Nowadays almost nothing is "hard to get" anymore...

Beethoven, Moonlight Sonata. My Mom used to play it on the piano when I was a kid. God the power of those memories. A complete and perfect piece. Peace. CRB

My Dad use to play that and now, if I'm lucky, my son will play it. A complete and perfect piece is right.:)

Yeah, that's an idea but she wouldn't do it. She put me into piano lessons when I was like 5/6 years old. I didn't have the discipline/desire, nor did she have the will to 'make me sit and play'. I wish I'd learned though, but more so, I wish she still played. She really was very good. I remember going downtown with her to buy sheet music at Volkweins,( that building is now the Andy Warhol Museum), then shewould take me to the 'Tea Room' at one of the old department stores and we would have lunch. What a treat! Christ- I'm getting old. Who would of thought that I'd end up on a Bukowski web site reminiscing about my childhood. WILD! CRB:)

Aaah, the

I saw FEAR about 15 years ago at the Black Cat in D.C. I think that Lee was the only original member. He still sounded great. It was a pretty small crowd, maybe 100 people.

It is funny, I just read that for the last 20 years Lee Ving has been a Hardcore Right-Winger. That is a bit surprising.

Bill

my kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba every morning which is a television show created by Mark Mothersbaugh. as far as children's shows go... well - it's beyond addictive. perhaps because of little ditties such as these:

[This video is unavailable.]

it's so sweet it makes me want to slam my fingers in the silverware drawer over and over.

Get your hand out of the silverware drawer and put on some DEVO and then that Yo Gabba Gabba will make sense.

I never heard of Yo Gabba Gabba before this. I found it soothing, maybe because I'm a little kid at heart.

i know i know. i love devo. mark mothersbaugh has made like a trillion theme songs for kids shows. and now this. and it is so very good. there's another really good song from summertime:

if you say to lola 'Holy guacamole!' she'll go 'We got chips!'

they have a lot of strangely soothing songs too and cool bands on the 'super music friends show.'

LOL! but really, you know how people with little kids get sucked into a whole other world and people without kids can't relate. One of these days you'll wake up and it's too late. So don't knock it, that way it will be easier to go through when it happens.
You will actually enjoy some of that goofy music. ( big wink )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back