What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #5 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another band still touring is Stiff Little Fingers - Belfast punk Band from 1977 (if you were or are still listening to your old punk stuff) they've had several line up changes over the years though and included for a long time Bruce Foxton of The Jam after they split. To my regret I've never seen them live, on of the best tracks I think is Tin Soldiers off their second album and I'll sneek in a cheeky second track in my top 3 punk tracks - The Damned with Smash It Up, caused my dad no end of worry:
a bit poor quality on the sound for smash it up.
[This video is unavailable.]

I'm listening to this stupid cunt telling her husband that she's fucking this other guy we all know because he had prostrate surgery and "can't fuck for shit anymore." Anyone have a gun? I may use it on myself instead of her, just so I can get away. Fuck man, it's a shitty world sometimes...

He's still just sitting there with her. After she said that. This is brutal. I hot to go drive my car into a tree...

it's a shitty world sometimes...
Feel your pain man, but ... sometimes??? When exactly is it not a shitty world? :( Of course, the closer you are to it, the more the stink fills up your senses. Bukowski had it right in a lot of ways, one of which is by staying aloof as much as humanly possible.

I just know that this has been up here before but I was listening to Modest Mouse and remembered this gem. Great title too.

Thinking about the Miners Strike demos in the Eighties earlier on, made me sad, shouldn't have gone the way it but, but Thatcher determined to crush them.I was still a student (nurse) at the time, but supported them, they had a long history of supporting the Nurses.Here's Pulp saying it better than me:

Looking forward to their new album; AM coming out Sept. if this track is anything to go by. They do stand way above their peers in terms of Alex Turner's lyrics, for me they are the natural successors to The Smiths:

if you like hank the whole collection is a must have:

healthandhappinesshank.jpg

I went to two concerts this week... on Wednesday, my girlfriend took me to the Hollywood Bowl to see Herb Alpert with Lani Hall and Sergio Mendez (good show). She also brought a couple of Godmothers (best deli sandwich on the west coast). It was heaven.

On Thursday, we saw Meshell Ndegeocello at the Santa Monica pier... a free concert. The English Beat will be playing the same venue on August 15, as will Jimmy Cliff on September 12... both free and part of the SM Pier Twilight Concert Series. If you're in L.A., it's a really nice way to spend a summer evening at the beach.

I'll be there, somewhere, lost in the crowd.

Last edited:
I think I buy too many CDs. I've had the re-mastered version of Deep Purple's Fireball for a while now, and just listened to this tonight. Great groove very typical of DP's unique brand of English hard rock shuffle. Blackmore, for all his time spent making noise without his guitar, as well as his guitar histrionics, lays down some solid, fluid lines. Oh, and I love Glover's hat. If I had hair, I'd rock one of those. 8-))

I think I buy too many CDs. I've had the re-mastered version of Deep Purple's Fireball for a while now, and just listened to this tonight. Great groove very typical of DP's unique brand of English hard rock shuffle. Blackmore, for all his time spent making noise without his guitar, as well as his guitar histrionics, lays down some solid, fluid lines. Oh, and I love Glover's hat. If I had hair, I'd rock one of those. 8-))

Really enjoy Fireball. My old 'head' uncle used to play this incessantly while driving with a can of beer parked between his legs as he ferried a bunch of 8 year olds to the local arcades and lakes. Reminded me of this song, which was playing when I lost my virginity. She was lobbying for Waterfalls by TLC or some such. I guess I really showed her. ( Also, didn't catch the obvious metaphor, nor the one about the 'common cunning linguist' ) which probably would have made a great story or at least a better time for my poor traumatized girlfriend.

Good song, good video and the album of the same name isn't too shabby either. Can't believe it's over 20 years ago that I bought it though.

It occurs to me watching that video of the original Alice Cooper group that a lot of great bands can have their histories separated into two distinct periods; before their lead singers got new teeth, and after. Alice Cooper, the Stooges, the Clash...the list goes on. Once they get the Hollywood teeth put in, it's a sure sign that decline is inevitable and the end is near.

Ah bless. Youthful integrity and earnestness (wow is that a word?). Back to your earlier post, she looks like she probably has the Hollywood teeth already. I bet she'll be great on MTV Cribs...

edit: Wait - she's 30? 31? Wow. What keeps her angst so fresh? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back