What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #6 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This CD has been in my car for a while now. I can't seem to take it out. This song in particular is pretty great.

yes. and yes.

i don't think he even played on that tune and he still owns it.

that's how cool he is...

I assume the current version of the Replacements is mild compared to the Bob and even Slim days but I'm still going to see them anyway AND Superchunk is opening. It'll be like 1991 all over again!

I assume the current version of the Replacements is mild compared to the Bob and even Slim days but I'm still going to see them anyway AND Superchunk is opening. It'll be like 1991 all over again!

Saw the current Replacements lineup at Riot Fest Chicago 2013 and they did not disappoint. Paul and Tommy were just the right amount of drunk. Loose and funny but still able to throw down. So, you know how it is (and has always been)...the thrill is in not knowing if they'll just get fucked up and play covers or... give you a show you'll talk about the rest of your life.

Superchunk has put on two great shows the last two summers here in Chicago also. So let's just say I'm fucking jealous of you Philly Dave. Enjoy :)

Just heard this great song from Pops' final album from 2000. Mavis took the basic tracks to Jeff Tweedy who mixed the vocals right up front but wisely didn't mess with much else. That's Mavis, Cleotha, and Yvonne on background vocals.

When I heard this on the radio a few days ago I wasn't really paying attention, then I heard the chorus and I got excited because I thought it was a new Rolling Stones song. I thought, "Holy crap, this is the best Stones song in 35 years!"

Heh.

Love it how Steve Jones stops playing around 03:35 to punch some guy in the audience, then starts playing again.

Also Johnny Rotten does a really good impression of The Hunchback of Notre-Dame in this one, I think.

And Sid has cut himself and his bass isn't plugged in. Classic.

Green Day never did this.

I discovered this in audio cassette during my teens and played it, generally, in the dark while smoking a joint. It was a real bummer getting up to change sides, I can tell you.
[This video is unavailable.]
Autobahn are mere pretenders.

Speaking of experimentation. If you play two copies of the album simultaneously and slightly out of sync., it hardly appears discordant at all.
[This video is unavailable.]
It may even improve the aesthetic, if that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back