What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #6 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for posting again here! not my generation, but they gave us plenty of songs to sing up the back of the biology class. To the beautiful, sassy girl groups of the sixties - we salute you:). Spent a nice couple of hours listening to them, just now.

PS Is it true that the Ronettes were the only female group to tour with The Beatles?

I can still play that damn song. It was burned into my mind during a million rehearsals of my second band.

Skygazer, that Aranjuez piece is wonderful.

I remember it well, when I was in art school, I thought that I'd just discovered the wheel.

Reactions: mjp
I know it's beautiful isn't it, it makes you sad and happy at the same time listening to it, would have to be a desert island disc for me.:)

We just watched that. The sound of the booth is similar to those old Folkways field recordings of hillbillies and Africans. I used to listen to those, and after about 15 minutes the sound makes you want to jump off a ledge. Carol wants to hear the record, so I suppose we'll buy it (though not that giant sucker's deluxe box they are hawking for $100).

If you're in Nashville you can record in the booth for $15 (+$3 for a sleeve with postage on it). Seems like a bargain for an experience most of us never had, and never could have before this.

I believe this guy is some young french Electro-Swing-DJ or however the hell you call it. Which makes for major hipster-alert.

But don't you think this has one smooth kickass swing to it?

To my ears that sounds like a phone ringtone that a programmer at Nokia created in a cubicle somewhere in Finland in 1996 and filed under "REGGAE."

So swing? I'm afraid I'd have to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back