What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #6 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With good reason, this one will probably be gone soon; gone as the season she's taken. I can't think of a more pointed/obvious lyric to reflect a particular situation in a contemporary song. Well, other than Idiot Wind. Dylan rips the people he knew and some of whom he loved (and hated).

I've always been charmed by an Aussie accent and this songwriter delivers some great lyrics in that lovely lilt. Aside from the accent itself, her phrasing just kills me - kinda breathy and vulnerable but without the "Please rescue me" vibe. That being said... I WANT TO RESCUE HER !!!

Here's her latest album:

At a Northern Soul night
[...]

Whoa... I remember this on AM radio in the States circa 1970 -!972 ? As boys we would sing this when we got a peek under a girl's dress on the staircase. How clever ! It was our secret code and the authorities never cracked it. Stupid authorities.

:) and girls have always and will always turn up the waists of their school skirts to shorten them, once they are out of view of their dads.Chicken and egg, I don't know.

I love a bit of Blondie.

Soundgarden... probably my second favourite band. Or the first. Or Third.

Chris Cornell - "Seasons"

The Misfits - Last Caress. The song and the video go together just perfectly. :D

I've always been charmed by an Aussie accent and this songwriter delivers some great lyrics in that lovely lilt. Aside from the accent itself, her phrasing just kills me - kinda breathy and vulnerable but without the "Please rescue me" vibe. That being said... I WANT TO RESCUE HER !!!
I thought it was her Aussie voice that beguiled me. Turns out it's her hazel/blue eyes. BONUS VISUAL: Try to name the books on the shelf behind her ?

The Jam came to my local area when I was about 15, I didn't get to go and see them play, went after school to the record shop they were doing a signing in; it was packed, but we could see them up front. My friend Kevin just elbowed his way through, I couldn't move, frozen in awe/shock.That never left me really, as far as seeing bands live go. :) Probably my favourite post Jam song
[This video is unavailable.]

On record shops, there's a film;Good Vibrations, made in 2013, don't know if you've seen it PhillyDave, about Terri Hooley's record shop in Belfast, he opened it during the "Troubles" and started the indie label that released Teenage Kicks by The Undertones - nuff said. The full film is available on Youtube. A bit corny at times but still great,
A bit like Tony wilson In Manchester; shows a passion and love of music rather than any great business accumen, a short clip of the real Terri:

if you can sit still to this one you better check for a pulse...

For that early 70's brassy swing and cheesy mixed choral group effect, try this. The bass line is pretty sweet though. Off Topic: Most of Chicago will be calling off work tomorrow or coming in late. Plan accordingly.

Tampa was a pretty tough opponent though and those games were competitive. But to bring it all back to music, Stephen Stills is a Tampa native. And his hockey team had to Go Back Home.

Anybody ever heard this one? Found it hiding in between Herb Alpert and the Doobie Brothers at the dusty books and records place the other day. Sounds good so far!

Untitled-1.jpg

There is a cover of this by Radiohead on Youtube which is equaally lovely but ithere's too much r squeek, don't mind a wee bit.
.Actually, here it's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back