What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this song, always have. I re-like it because I recently discovered I can play it & sing it and have a lot of fun doing so. I enjoy the original Tim Hardin too but play it closer to Rod's take.

That's pretty much what I sound like when I sing. But I'm better looking.
Funny, I look like that when I sing, but the actual singing is lousy. Just goes to show you.

As for her voice in that video, there's so much reverb it's hard to tell what she sounds like.

I've been re-listening to very early Chicago (way back when they used to seriously rock out!!) and remembering just what an incredible guitarist the late Terry Kath was:

The above reminds me that yet another Hendrix release is coming out soon. It include this Stephen Stills tune Jimi played on, an alt take will be on it, Both Sides of the Sky, I think.

and listening to this too.

I love Juliana (and Elliot Smith)! I saw her in concert back in '95 and was able to talk with her after the show. She was very, very kind and accessible to her fans. She stayed outside for a good while, standing by her tour van and talking with a long line of people. A close friend of mine really wanted to be there that night but was unable to come, and she signed a T-shirt for him and was visibly touched when I told her how much her music meant to him (and, of course, to me).

Last edited:
Yeah I saw her a few times back in the early/mid 90's. Once w Buffalo Tom I think. That reminded me of seeing Westerberg. It would be a buncha dudes and occasionally with their girlfriends. Julianna would be a buncha chicks and occasionally with their boyfriends.

You better screw your wigs on tight...this cat can GO!

that's embarrassing to watch. those moves...wow.

i'm not surprised john lennon called him a "poofter"

well then, i'll see your beatles massacre and raise you this mismatch -

[This video is unavailable.]
(Tom Jones CSNY Long Time Gone 1969)

Last edited:
Jones has the subtlety of a tank. That's not rockin' That's thud, thud, thud. And C,S,N, & Y appear very high. I like the tune & performance, minus Jones. Now that I have laid down the final word regarding Tom Jones we can move along now.

"So we go into the other room. Here is this Tab Jones. He sings. His shirt is open and the black hairs on his chest show. The hairs are sweating. He wears a big silver cross in these sweating hairs. His mouth is a horrible hole cut into a pancake. He's got on tight pants and he's wearing a dildo. He grabs his balls and sings about all the good things he can do for women. He really sings badly, I mean he is TERRIBLE. All about what he can do to women, but he's a fake, he really wants to put his tounge up some man's anus. I am to puke, listening to him. And we paid this good money too. And when you pay for a nightmare, you are REALLY a fool. Who is this Tab Jones? They pay this fellow thousands for wearing a dildo and and grabbing his balls and letting the lights shine on the cross. Good men starve in the streets and here is this ID-IOTE... being ADORED! The women are SCREAMING! THEY think he is REAL! This CARDBOARD man who sucks on shit in his dreams. "

dinner musicThe Pogues w Joe Strummer Live in London, double lp, red vinyl.

15169219766191572107012.jpg

And my favorite Swedish group, First Aid Kit, covering Heart's "Crazy on you."

Klara and Johanna Söderberg told Morning Becomes Eclectic host Jason Bentley that Heart was a recent discovery for them and vocalized how nervous they were about covering the classic.

A friend introduced me to this great song back in '94, from Rhino's "Doo Wop Box" set (the first of three), and finally, a few nights ago, I ordered the box too! (I shouldn't have waited so long!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back