What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[This video is unavailable.]
Great band, long gone...never had the success they deserved while lesser talents did..Must be plenty of gifted bands who never get to be known beyond their locale.

Not to derail this thread, but a member of this very forum had a small part in the movie "The Graduate". Name that person and I'll send you something cool....
No one got it and I figured that I'd give the answer away. The member here that was in The Graduate is Richard Krech. He holds the door open for Dustin Hoffman in the jewelry store. He was cast when the director saw him and his wife coming out of a store.

Bill

New Releases:

Dropkick Murphys - Going Out in Style

[This video is unavailable.]

Sic Alps - Napa Asylum

So, for a while I've been making playlists for the projects I'm working on--helps put me in the right headspace, and adds the atmosphere I want.

I'm currently rewriting a short story called "War Medal"--so, anyways, here's the songs on repeat while I do:

The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - The Pogues
Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis - Tom Waits
Right Down the Line - Gerry Rafferty

I've hated the Oscars ever since Kramer vs Kramer beat out Apocalypse Now for Best Picture. You can truly blow me if you think they got that right. Had a good time seeing Reznor take to the stage to receive an Oscar. Never would have predicted that.

Young Brian Walsby with Mike Dean and Woodroe Weatherman:

Older Brian Walsby with:

Walsby-DoubleNegative.jpg

HR is a DC legend. In a town with very few rock stars (and all of them underground), HR, Ian MacKaye, and a few others really stick out.

Then there's Rollins (ugh...)

I'll never forget the first time I saw Bad Brains. They were, hands down, the most awe-inspiring "hardcore" band ever. And most of that was due to HR. He was like a Tasmanian Devil cartoon inside a tornado creating a 10.0 earthquake.

I've seen a thousand bands but I've never seen anything quite like those early Bad Brains shows. The night after I first saw them I went to rehearse with Sonny and walked in and said, "Well, I quit. I saw the world's greatest band last night and anything we do will forever fall short."

I didn't quit, really, but that's how I felt.

if you don't like great, soulful, original, badass, killer music -- please try not to discover and enjoy one of the all time great (and undiscovered / forgotten) 70's masters - Paul Pena.
A treasure trove of excellent tunage. ok. this is my last post on Pena...moving on.

Never heard of Paul Pena either. Pretty stupid, cliché song.
3:36, irritating tune, really. I put it off now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back