What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could have gone Waylon. LOL!! Like...like...like. Here are the Japanese Ramones:

[This video is unavailable.]

Here's the last of the best.

You would be surprised how many on the tight-rope love this song.

Morrissey - I want the one I can't have (Glastonbury 2011)

Blues Boy King is 86 years old and Lucille is as fit as ever!
Just read that 'Over a period of 52 years, B.B. King has played in excess of 15,000 performances'.

PS I Love You - Meet Me At The Muster Station

Full-length debut from Ontario duo.

Lucy Wainwright Roche - Lucy

Her debut studio album.

Lucyalbum.jpg

Track 2

Here's one for the old cranks around here:

Seriously though, I'm not sure how it was in other countries but the youth here in the States were mortified to visit the grandparents when this show was on.

Here's one for the old cranks around here:
Still is rerun on the Seattle PBS station. My dad likes it. He's 88. He can rant and rave about how terrible music is today (read, the last 60 years). Yeah, yeah, sure dad. He also liked Don Messer's Jubilee and the Tommy Hunter Show and thought it was a conspiracy when they were dropped from t.v. When I visit I'll show him some Django or Les Paul on youtube. That seems to calm him down. A bit. For a while.

It's all very warped and convoluted, as with most families. 30 years ago he was a full fledged asshole. Now, like my brother says, he has less stamina.

(That Suedehead title had me thinking of some stupid old UK novels by Richard Allen. I still have a small stack of those here as well as a lot of other crap.)

Have you seen him on this tour? He raised a bit of a fuss over on Morrissey-solo lately with that T-shirt he wore. I missed meeting him by two days when he filmed this video:

No, not bothered to on this tour. I missed meeting him by roughly 18 seconds after this t.v recording:

I'm sure he's a living nightmare, but as long as he's not wearing a Fuck Bukowski.net t-shirt he'll be okay.

the youth here in the States were mortified to visit the grandparents when this show was on.
I watched that show all the time. It was that or a farm report, and the farm report didn't have guitars, so I watched Welk.

Polka is wrapped up in a lot of cheese, but it's folk music, and was roots music for all those first and second generation upper Midwest iron range transplants from Germany and Scandinavia. Polka is still popular here and in Mexico. They call it Banda, but take away the vocals and it's straight up polka. And the trumpet/trombone/saxophone horn sections from Banda were appropriated by Jamaican ska and reggae musicians in the late 50s, 60s and 70s, which just goes to show you - something. Maybe it shows that you can draw a line from Lawrence Welk to hip hop and all the connections make some kind of absurd sense.

Though you could probably draw a line from Welk to Hitler just as easily. I don't know anything about the guy, but it doesn't seem like much of a stretch. He talked like a Nazi. And all those blond girls in dirndls...that was some Master Race shit going on there.

Here in the 'burbs of Chicago, I've spent a lot of time with the TV turned to the local cable access channel. The scrolling text and cheesy visual effects are as lame as any "Wayne's World" sketch. But the music is all jazz - mostly 40's thru 60's straight up swing, "cool", bop, and post-bop. Bird and Dizzy, Miles, Dexter Gordon, Brubeck, Cannonball, Wayne Shorter etc..

I missed meeting him by roughly 18 seconds after this t.v recording:

I'm sure he's a living nightmare, but as long as he's not wearing a Fuck Bukowski.net t-shirt he'll be okay.

Would like to hear more on this 18 second close shave with Morrissey. The stubborn bastard would financially be best served joining up again with Marr. But yeah, a living nightmare I doubt would ever lead up to expectations.

Obviously a buddy of Ariel Pink,

New release: John Maus - We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves

WeMustBecomeThePitiless.jpeg

Second track:

Idle and Harrison sharing screen time brightens a dull work day. Thanks for that. And desertlizard, I had my doubts about you with that slayer! nonsense (even my open-mindedness has its limits...heh) but even though I'm not the biggest fan of prog-rock I'd be a fool to deny that record doesn't cook it to a perfect taste. Just a great record period.

Idle and Harrison sharing screen time brightens a dull work day. Thanks for that. And desertlizard, I had my doubts about you with that slayer! nonsense (even my open-mindedness has its limits...heh) but even though I'm not the biggest fan of prog-rock I'd be a fool to deny that record doesn't cook it to a perfect taste. Just a great record period.

im not that of a metalhead guy but i can dig some heavy stuff just, a personal taste :D Glad u dig some KC peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back