What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - Mark IV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly this cat releases a record of cover tunes and it goes no where. He decides to buy some airtime on L.A. and New York television to promote his record and it ends up selling millions. A star marketing genius is born. The likes of Slim Whitman, Boxcar Willie, Roger Whittaker and the incomparable Zamfir soon follow to their own toll-free riches. God bless you, Peter Lemongello...God bless.

Wow - I remember this guy from some TV appearance (Mike Douglas ? Merv Griffin ?) around the mid-70's. Not sure how many "millions" he sold, but he did get his chance at fame and fortune. I want to say he performed on Carson too, but I'm not sure. I remember my Mom liked him and made note of his TV appearances. One of his marketing ploys sticks in my mind. His manager booked him for a Major League Baseball stadium gig somewhere and handed out free boxes of lemon jello to the crowd (Get it ? ). That's one way of reminding folks how to pronounce your name. I think his downfall was lack of Top-40 Radio airplay. And FM Radio airplay. And College Radio airplay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back