What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - Mark IV (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp

Founding member
Albert King playing (and talking about) the guitar Dan Erlewine made for him in 1972. A guitar now owned by blues aficionado and down home soul man Steven Seagal. Yes, that Steven Seagal.

It seems like a sad fate for such a beautiful and iconic machine, but we all have to end up somewhere.

Listened to the first 3 Tindersticks albums this week.

See last 2 posts of bospress & hoochmonkey in

What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III

Here's an unusual track of their 4th album.
Maybe it's a cover?

so here, we have a new thread.
Right now, I have no music or anything playing.
But I think, I may quit my online activities for tonight now and start listening to

- some music.

I've been told/scolded that multitasking -- i.e., fiddling on the keyboard and having music playing -- means your not really doing either. Not listening, not nothing. But I do it anyway.

Also wanted to be arch and look for some "Mark IV" noises. Early Creation, or a soul band I'd never heard of before or the Ford GT variation.

But I know some day I'll spend money on the Pagliaro 13 CD box set. Replaces the 8 albums I have that are gathering dust.

[This video is unavailable.]

Well, I would be listening to the Johnny Cash Sun Studios recordings collection that came in the mail today, but my CD player bit the dust.

When I look for a single disc player now all I find is expensive audiophile stuff. Doesn't anyone make a single disc player that doesn't cost $4000?

The first component CD player I bought was a nice single disc unit that would probably still be working for me today, but I got rid of it when I got a multi-disc machine. A mistake, I found in hindsight, since I've gone through three or four multi-disc players in the past 20 years and they've all been shit.

Any recommendations?

CD (DVD-RW blah blah whatever) drive of your laptop? :p

That's what I'm stuck with now and I want to kill myself.

I am leaning toward this...please talk me out of it ;) ($700).

That's not exactly what I had in mind by "talk me out of it." But I understand. It is sexy.

That's what I'm stuck with now and I want to kill myself.

I am leaning toward this...please talk me out of it ;) ($700).

These days even the cheapest DVD player ($36.74 at Target) will play CDs. That could be an option for a single disc cd player though they kind of lack that audiophile snobbishness.

There is a huge degree of snobbishness in audiophile circles, granted.

On the other hand, that TEAC will sound better than any other less expensive unit on the planet. There's that.

If you care about sound, you have to rub elbows with some snobs and get some of that snob juice on yourself. It's unpleasant, but it washes off.

This little setup from Denon has me quite satisfied:
L_RCDN7BlackBeauty360dpi.png

Read more HERE
and HERE
and HERE as well
But of course you don't have an iPod, do you?
Thing about this box is its flexible. Connects directly to the internet, but also does old style CD & radio. Also has two analog audio inputs. Does WiFi too so you can set up a wifi harddisk with all your ripped CDs on it. Nice. And output for recording devices. PLus, plus, plus.

Sort gives you the best of the old & new world.

So far I'm satisfied...

I don't have an iPod, no. But I'll probably get a similar box for streaming from the Internet at some point. Denon used to make pretty good quality single disc players, and it looks like that one has a decent D/A converter.

But I think I have to go with a CD player that only plays discs and doesn't try to do anything else. Because those audio snobs have me all worked up over CD players, and I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about them over the past few days. Pretty much everything I have is on CD, so it's an important piece of the puzzle for me.

If you sit around long enough the computerverse aligns itself again.Thanks to Hooch and mjp for information. It amounted to hurry up and wait. I'm good at that. And I'm back. ("DNS caching"?)

Yeah; Henry Baum.

But we're calling him Hbomb. He's got that angsty, outsider image all tied up, and he played bass in a band before, "Ennui The 8th" (even though they were math rock), so he should work out.

Since he can't do anything else when he sings that leaves the bass player spot open. If you're interested. We were hoping for a bass ukulele player who has their own power amps and Voice of the Theaters, so if you're into it and have that stuff...

If not, no big deal. We'll just get a chick.

Since he can't do anything else when he sings that leaves the bass player spot open. If you're interested. We were hoping for a bass ukulele player who has their own power amps and Voice of the Theaters, so if you're into it and have that stuff...

If not, no big deal. We'll just get a chick.

What about a chick tuba player?

Happy 77th Elvis this coming Sunday.

[This video is unavailable.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back