What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. Volume 8

PhillyDave

“The essential doesn't change.” Beckett
Over 1000 posts
This is a surprise. I was going to say odd but it's not. It's musicians loving music. It is funny tho to see Porl Thompson from the Cure with Page/Plant. fr 95.

hoochmonkey9

Art should be its own hammer.
Founding member
Over 5000 posts
Giorgio Moroder originally wanted Stevie Nicks to record "Call Me." She declined. Blondie was brought on board. I believe Debbie Harry revamped the lyrics a bit, but my memory might be failing me.

PhillyDave

Over 1000 posts
Giorgio Moroder originally wanted Stevie Nicks to record "Call Me." She declined. Blondie was brought on board. I believe Debbie Harry revamped the lyrics a bit, but my memory might be failing me.
I've been reading up on them. You got that right.

PhillyDave

Over 1000 posts
Doing my Blondie deep dive I discovered this. I knew they had many versions of this tune & sat on it for a long time, only satisfied until the Parallel Lines version. This "original" came out on the cd re-issue of their 2nd Plastic Letters. I love Debbie Harry.

d gray

tried to do his best but could not
Founding member
Over 1000 posts
re audrey williams from old music thread (i couldn't "quote reply" cause it's closed)

d gray said:
can't recall anyone's voice that was that unpleasant to the ear, though i'm sure it's out there.
mjp replied:

Oh, it's out there. And I guess if we go back to 78s, everyone's voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

anyways, i stand corrected.

Last edited:

PhillyDave

Over 1000 posts
I'm listening to Germantown radio. The station mgr Tom is on now, 2p-4p east coast, his show Listen Up! The theme this week? Hobbit Rock.... http://www.gtownradio.com/ Oh, right. And DJ PhillyDave will be on tonight from 7p-9p. BLONDIE etc...

d gray

tried to do his best but could not
Founding member
Over 1000 posts
love chris montez! heard him tell a story about touring with the beatles early 60's and john lennon pouring a
beer on his head and them having to be held back from fighting.

Digney in Burnaby

donkeys live a long time
Over 1000 posts
For the gun toting go go dancers. I remember a girl in the Spanaway Speedway grandstands carrying a pistol about 30 years ago. Security/sherriff decided alcohol (half price beer on red flags) and guns was a bad policy despite the boyfriend's 2nd amendment argument.