What are you listening to now? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Althought I'm not listening to them at this exact moment, I've been listening to the new band Fleet Foxes constantly lately. Great new band and very unique. Look 'em up. Listen. Enjoy.

"Strange Little Girls" by Tori Amos.
Right now I'm listening to song # 7, "Time". It's a fantastic cover of Tom Waits from the "Rain Dogs"-album...

I like her version of Lloyd Cole's Rattlesnakes from that album.
and that Eminem song, can't think of the name right now.

Tenacious D - 'Tribute'

to be fair this time:
one of the band-members is Frank Black (NOT Black Frances!!!), who acted in movies like 'High Fidelity' or 'School of Rock', both of whitch i like, even though they are 'hollywood'.

the song is funny though.
they meet a demon, who claims he wants to hear 'the Best song in the world' - they agree and start a cute parade of citations of Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and the likes, only with the refrain:

"This is Not the Best song in the world - it's just a tribute!"

i like it.

to be fair this time:
one of the band-members is Frank Black (NOT Black Frances!!!), who acted in movies like 'High Fidelity' or 'School of Rock', both of whitch i like, even though they are 'hollywood'.

Er... I think you mean Jack Black :D

061213_assess_jackBlackEX.jpg

yeah.
i was stupid and drunk. of course Frank Black IS Black Frances, while Jack Black is Jack Black.
it's the names i intermix, NOT the kids themselfs!

Beck - "Modern Guilt"

Pretty good stuff here. This guy gets better as he gets older. The bonus track, "Vampire Voltage No.6", has a very cool ending. Too bad he cut it short.

as great today as it was what? 30 years ago? I vividly recall hearing this "album" for the first time. of course this is also easy because of the circumstances. (Picture a beautiful woman, a lotta columbian, a lotta peruvian, some damn kind of alcohol and ...oh,.. sorry, but o' the memories :cool:) I remember thinking, now this is what I'm talkin' about! Great choice Bukfan...

The wife and I have all four Coldplay CDs in the changer and have been listening to them today and will tomorrow (except when she goes to bed tonight and I slip King Crimson '74 live stuff in the changer). We're seeing them on Monday night here in Boston right before they depart for Japan.

She really likes them; I think they're a solid band, but they don't knock my socks off.

Yeah, but here's the deal: I thought it would be a nice First Anniversary present, so I looked it up, and they just happened to be playing Boston in August, and our Anniversary is late this month. So, I tried to get tickets, but they were mostly sold out (no two tix together); but they had an auction for better seats, and we got a very nice pair for an inflated price (there's a joke in here somewhere), but she paid for them. Freakin' sweet! :cool:

Oh yeah, it's all the same money.

Crap. :mad:

... Pretty cool that someone from Denmark has heard of and likes the Blues Brothers. [...] I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

no, you shouldn't be surprised.
at least the Blues Brothers Movie is very well known in Europe.
The LPs follow that in some distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back