What are you listening to now? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betty Blowtorch - Get Off

I'm pretty jaded when it comes to music, but this one sends shivers up me spine, kids.

is that the one about the daughter being molested by her Dad?

pretty strong stuff.

Yeah. That is some primal scream shit right there. You can look at the lyrics, but it doesn't compare with hearing that bloodletting performance. First time I heard it (and saw her sing it) my jaw just dropped. You can't fake that kind of rage and pain. It's frightening and riveting.

The Grateful Dead - Road Trips Volume 1 number 3 (summer 1971).

Delicious!!!!

RT3cover_4001.jpg

Paradise by John Prine,
followed by
If you needed me by Townes Van Zandt & Lyle Lovett,
oh now, Waylon Jenning,
what a wonderful shuffle,

from my Ipod

R. Crumb And His Cheap Suit Serenaders: Chasin' Rainbows.

Last edited by a moderator:
The New Mastersounds - 102%
51qekZYOU9L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Groovy :cool:

The 1st one is Meddle by Pink Floyd.

mojo-photo-neptune.jpg

not bad at all.

cat power meets bjork meets jesus and mary chain.

not stunning, but worth the 10 bucks I laid out.

Martha Wainright,
I Wish I Were,
from I Know You're Married But I 've Got Feelings Too
now Alejandro Escovedo,
with California Blues

I have no critical facilities when it comes to Johnny Cash.
I love it all.
I saw him live when I was 11. 1979. I was mesmerized. he had a big video screen, and there always seemed to be a train going across it.
my parents would take me to concerts, but it wasn't all golden, they also took me to Anne Murray and Nana Mouskouri.
heh.

I've never seen him play live, but I do like his music from the late sixties-early seventies. Ah nostalgia, how sweet it is...

I saw him live when I was 11. 1979. I was mesmerized.
That's funny - my father took me to see him in 70 or 71 (guessing on the date here, but I'm pretty sure I was also 10 or 11 years old), and to see Roy Clark the next year. I would not have chosen to see Roy Clark, but that motherfucker can play the hell out of anything with strings, and that's no hype. I remember that Johnny Cash was much LOUDER than Roy Clark though. Maybe all those amphetamines make you want to turn shit up!

That was the extent of concerts with the old man. They weren't his thing, but sometimes people...um...paid him for stuff with tickets. This was '69 to '73 or so. Maybe later. He usually gave them away ("Led Zeppelin? What the hell is that? You want these Jim?"), but he loved Johnny Cash and and any of that old American stuff, Hank Williams, pretty much any type of crying in your beer stuff.

I did not appreciate listening to it as a kid, but it is interesting how even involuntary influences affect you later in life. I know that stuff inside out because the old man subjected me to it every weekend (he and my mother didn't see eye to eye and split before I was a year old).

Uh, sorry, I thought this was the autobiography thread.

What I'm listening to now: eggs frying on the sidewalks. LA is in the middle of a 100+ degree heat wave.

(he and my mother didn't see eye to eye and split before I was a year old).

huh.
me too. I just met my birth dad last summer for the first time. seemed like a nice guy. my mom was 18, he was 20. he wanted to get married, she didn't.

I'm listening to...

574cde52c1bb5e96cb960b4317ffa240_full.jpg

dragnet%20big.jpg

I would not have chosen to see Roy Clark, but that motherfucker can play the hell out of anything with strings, and that's no hype.

This is gospel truth. I saw Roy Clark on Hee Haw one night in the mid-1970s and I decided that guitar was an instrument that I just had to play. Motherfucker pretty much sums it up.

some people can just play. doesn't matter what style of music they choose. or in what venue they have to play it.

hee haw is the first time I saw Roy Clark also. probably late '70s.

and right this minute I'm listening to a party across the street that sounds pretty good.
if I liked parties.
which I sometimes do, until I get there. and then I say Why the fuck did I come here? I don't like these people. The only drunk I like being around is myself!

Attention Classic Rockers -
if you's don't know about it already, check out http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/ it's Bill Graham's archive of concerts and memorabilia. you can stream the concerts for free or pay to download. huge selection and great quality concerts.
you'll wanna bust out the 'hot knives' for this one! :cool:

Attention Classic Rockers -
if you's don't know about it already, check out http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/ it's Bill Graham's archive of concerts and memorabilia. you can stream the concerts for free or pay to download. huge selection and great quality concerts.
you'll wanna bust out the 'hot knives' for this one! :cool:

excellent.
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back