What are you listening to now? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thao Nguyen with the Get Down Stay Down: "Like The Linen" & "We Brave Bee Stings And All"...

The Velvet Underground

mods! you sometimes are funny!
i was sober this afternoon (as i am Not right now) - and this was MEANT to be inside the POMO-thread.

when reading this thread (the pomo-one) i just had to think about the Velvet Underground and how they fit into the scheme somehow.

it was kinda joke - or rather: an association.

nevermind.
it's okay to have it here too: i'll go listen to 'European son' now ...
(it's so hip and PoMo... )

My bad. I thought since the pomo stuff was taken out of this thread, that your post was moved over by mistake...

This whole incident is way too pomo.

... This whole incident is way too pomo.

yeeeeaah. isn't it cooool bay-beee???

(ah, No! sorry! that wasn't pomo, it was pot!
pomo would've been: "Yea. Cool. Let's go on with it."
i think i am pomo somehow. maybe a little. - anyway, Velvet Underground is :-))

0886971951226.jpg

how's that for pomo?
2 white guys in their early '20s in faux tribal garb with a band name that makes you look foolish trying to say it.

the album's ok, verging on good, but this song makes me long to be 16 again, sitting in my room reading NME and making mix tapes for that girl in my english class that always wrote on the soles of my Chuck Taylors.

o christ, I'm becoming a pomo emo mofo now.

anyway, Electric Feel (the song I'm talking about) reminds me of early Prince filtered through Kate Bush's Running up that Hill. which would've sent 16 year old me into a tizzy. it sends almost 40 year old me into a tizzy also, but in a different way. the holyfuckIdon'twanttogetold tizzy. don't get me wrong, I don't want to go back to high school either, I just don't like the way this ship is headed. no one gave me a map and I never learned how to swim.

uh, cue the midlife crisis. ;)

it's okay hooch.

i felt the same way when i started liking these guys:

[This video is unavailable.]

the day after seeing them live with gigi i went back on my meds. i don't know if there is any correlation.

i've accepted it.

i think i might be getting older.

you know... i was thinking...

i think james murphy summed the feeling up nicely in this song:

[This video is unavailable.]

heh, you were just looking for an excuse to post a vid by LCD Soundsystem. ;)

laughing out loud.

you know me too well.

you have to admit though, it was the perfect segueway. you totally set me up for it.

god bless the brick 'n mortar.

and fuck cable.

oops. sorry.

anybody hear of The Mattoid? got a taste of it earlier today. funky finnish folk. or anti folk. i don't know, i get 'em mixed up.

I'm listening to Mozart Piano Sonatas while I hope someone maybe a Mod starts a nice I love Bob Dylan this much thread.

My post will be very very little

Looks like i'm back into my early 20s tonight.
since last post i had on my list:

faith no more: we care a lot / epic
beck: loser
violent femmes: blister in the sun / good feeling
red hot chilli peppers: Blood sugar sex magic / give it away now
nirvana: serve the servants / heart shaped box / all apologies
pixies: hey / monkey gone to heaven /
travis: why does it always rain on me

Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang (2005). Some of the tracks are not too bad, like the one called, "Sweet Neo Con". Great text directed against the neo-conservatives. There's some catchy tunes too...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know i'm new here but... I'm listening to a classical compilation on my DVR. But I started reading the early posts on this thread, & quite freankly. I wish I was listening to ZEPPLIN!

A friend sent me the new LP by The Felice Brothers. Has anyone heard these guys before? They're pretty good. From upstate NY, they're heavily influenced by the Band and Dylan (sorry, there's that guy again) and, more recently, Vlautin and Richmond Fontaine.

A friend sent me the new LP by The Felice Brothers. Has anyone heard these guys before? They're pretty good. From upstate NY, they're heavily influenced by the Band and Dylan (sorry, there's that guy again) and, more recently, Vlautin and Richmond Fontaine.

I guess in some way or another you listen to all Dylan, all the time.;)

I resent performing for you fuckers!
Tell me, what do you know?
A lot of faggot middle-class kids
Wearing long hair and trendy clothes.

National Lampoon strikes again.
Great find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back