What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remain polite in every circumstance, even when annoyed by a spider or any other scary insect. I just shout them to leave me alone. Loudly, very loudly, and with terror in the voice. But no names given, never.
So they're deaf...the good point is that they can't hear Tigertailz.

Are the Tigertailz the new leading band of Gay Pride? :D
They date back to the 80s ! :D (but they still exist nowadays)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry I cannot share it with you, but I'm listening to my son play piano. He has moments and has created some nice tunes that stick pleasantly in my head and in my heart since he is my son.
You know what I mean if you have ever been around someone playing piano or guitar to themselves letting their creative energy flow which ever way they feel like going.
Once again the best word to describe it is, pleasant.

I'm sorry I cannot share it with you, but I'm listening to my son play piano. He has moments and has created some nice tunes that stick pleasantly in my head and in my heart since he is my son.
You know what I mean if you have ever been around someone playing piano or guitar to themselves letting their creative energy flow which ever way they feel like going.
Once again the best word to describe it is, pleasant.
That is a beautiful thing Gerard. I know what you mean. :)

The song I'm re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re...-listening to these nights while re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re...-reading Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights.

I think it's my favourite clip, Kate Bush was so gracious in it.

Yoko Ono ?

If I were you, I'd go to the ophthalmologist.

Yoko Ono ?

If I were you, I'd go to the ophthalmologist.
Oh, it's not her? I didn't look at first, I only listened. Then when I looked I thought, "That's not Yoko! Why is she singing like Yoko?"

So I stand corrected.

Last edited:
So I stand corrected.
At last you admit it !
A great day, my friends, a great day ! :D

Hic et nunc :
(actually the whole album - Créve Coeur - but La pluie qui tombe is my favourite)

No, that's not John Lennon.

After the red dress version, the...

...white dress version, ah ah ah !

Bonus : The 100% testosterone cover from the metal band Angra :

Just listened to The Cure's Greatest Hits, and the Cure's Greatest Hits (accoustic).

Can't get over how good "Cut Here" is. I think at this point, it may be my favorite Cure song of all time!

Apparently yes, spiders can hear by the hairs on their legs, according to WikiAnswers.com.
I tried answering the phone with my legs and " this foot came through the line" :D
[This video is unavailable.]

In the land of elves and fairies, yes, she does rule, I can't argue with that. And honestly, I can't get enough of the same song sung over and over in different dresses! That's why I loved the New York Dolls.

I just think it's interesting that people gave Yoko such shit for singing in what seems to me to be virtually the same way (admittedly, I have not listened extensively to either one of them), but Kate Bush arrived on the scene back in the day - all youth and attractiveness and slightly-offbeat-anglo-appeal - and the music press just couldn't get enough of her. I have no idea if anyone considers her relevant anymore, but I remember that the UK music press was ready to crown her Queen of England in the late 70's.

Anyway, it's all just noise, you kids' music. Whatever happened to Bing Crosby, Buddy Greco, Andy Williams, Pat Boone, Steve Lawrence and Jerry Vale? Now that was music!

Oh you guys are already deaf. I heard when the UN inspectors went to Guantanamo Bay the water boarding didn't upset them, it was the Kate Bush on the PA system that was the last straw.

Anyway, it's all just noise, you kids' music. Whatever happened to Bing Crosby, Buddy Greco, Andy Williams, Pat Boone, Steve Lawrence and Jerry Vale? Now that was music!

Yes, you need to run, run, run - don't walk - to the iPod thread now...

She can change dress colors all she wants, but listening to that song is still 4 minutes of complete torture.
:(
Girls usually love Kate Bush and that song ; you're a kind of exception.

And guys who are not fond of her music can appreciate her for other reasons that are quite obvious...

In the land of elves and fairies, yes, she does rule, I can't argue with that.
But Wuthering Heights has nothing to do with elves and fairies ! It's a love story. The most beautiful, the most tragic, the most violent, the most destructive love story that has ever been written. And its author is one of the most fascinating literary enigmas.

I find the song harmonious with the book, I enjoy reading Emily Brontë's words accompanied by Kate Bush's voice.

Kate Bush should sing that song with a noose tight around her neck.
A nice guy won't say that.
langue.gif

Wasn't it Kate Bush who kidnapped Iron Maiden and was "running up that hill"
together with them?

I wonder what all those music people are looking for in the hills...?

:(
Girls usually love Kate Bush and that song ; you're a kind of exception.
And guys who are not fond of her music can appreciate her for other reasons that are quite obvious...

As a proud lesbian, I cannot say that I find Kate Bush particularly pleasing to either my ears or my eyes. Sorry.

I just think it's interesting that people gave Yoko such shit for singing in what seems to me to be virtually the same way [...]

Don't forget :o

booo, all you haters!

Beth Ditto rules.

I see my once beloved NME has gone down the chute with most of the other music rags (FREE NEW MUSIC POSTER SPECIAL! - wow, awesome, dude!). CREEM and NME had something going there in the 70's/early 80's. It must be those damn 80's - they seem to have ruined everything they touched.

Proceed to 1982 and make a hard right. There. You've found us. We've been waiting for you.

Peace and love rules:)
Why ? No one was fighting ! ;)
Marina del rey presented herself as a proud lesbian, so I suggested her another proud lesbian.

I love Beth Ditto. Musically only. The proud hetero that I am find Kate's grace more pleasing to my eyes than Beth's one.

I've never read NME but I can't help liking it because during my Muse period, I learnt that this mag one day wrote about my dear band : "Sounds like Radiohead. Only better." Yes yes yes ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back