What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't listen to The White Album without thinking of Charles Manson. Why couldn't the bastard have dropped acid to the Cowsill's Captain Sad & His Ship of Fools?

41KX6F1B1FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
619VSquAIrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I was selecting some PJ Harvey vids in order to introduce a friend to her. And I found this:

Have a look at her dress.

I highly suspect Slimedog from being behind this fashion aberration.

I really like PJ and her dress is okay, why do I get blamed for all that is wrong in the world?

On the way home from work I heard a twenty or thirty minute song by Dire Straits called So far away. Everyone involved with making that putrid horror should be hung by the balls and allowed to die slowly. Do it in the desert so the vultures can peck out their eyeballs while they're still alive. Useless fucking pricks. Scourge. Scum. If I ever meet that greasy little 10th rate karaoke Dylan impersonator I'm going to break his nose and steal his shoes, and that won't even start to pay me back for having to live in the same world with that snivelly hack shitstain of a "song."

Fuck you, Knopfler, fuck you. Fuck you. Rot in hell.

The Misfits, mixed with my girlfriend in the other room yelling at someone from her credit card company since she can't " understand their Indian accent.

On the way home from work I heard a twenty or thirty minute song by Dire Straits called So far away.

Fuck you, Knopfler, fuck you. Fuck you. Rot in hell.
Why were you listening to it? Were you getting a ride by your boss and you were pretending he was cool? What a hell that was.

I am listening to one of my favorite 'Bitch Band', PLACEBO. Something to bury the Fanfare horrors, on this Canada Day!

Without You I'm Nothing

images-4.jpeg

I'm listening to Kitty, Daisy and Lewis ...

I just watched Last Chance Harvey and they played buskers in the film.

siblings,and their mother was a member of The Raincoats. I think the oldest is 22 or so.

but to mjp's point, Brian Setzer never looked so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
their mother was a member of The Raincoats.
The Raincoats! Yow, there's a blast from the past.
"When I listen to The Raincoats I feel as if I'm a stowaway in an attic, violating and in the dark. Rather than listening to them I feel like I'm listening in on them. We're together in the same old house and I have to be completely still or they will hear me spying from above and, if I get caught "” everything will be ruined because it's their thing. They're playing their music for themselves. It's not as sacred as wire-tapping a buddhist monk's telephone or something because if The Raincoats did catch me, they would probably just ask me if I wanted some tea. I would comply, then they would finish playing their songs and I would say thank you very much for making me feel good."

- Kurt Cobain, June 1993​

Last edited:
I just watched Last Chance Harvey and they played buskers in the film.

siblings,and their mother was a member of The Raincoats. I think the oldest is 22 or so.

Buskers? I'll make a note of that if I stumble over the film on TV. I did'nt know their mother used to be a member of the Raincoats, which I believe is still very much alive.

Ever seen the "Crazy Drummer" (Rick K. And The Allnighters )? He's drumming style is absolutely hilarious!

I was selecting some PJ Harvey vids in order to introduce a friend to her. And I found this:

Have a look at her dress.

I highly suspect Slimedog from being behind this fashion aberration.

PJ Harvey can wear the Worst Dress In The World and I would still approve. She also has an open invitation to stop by my apartment any time she wants and take off such a dress. Because I'm like a wardrobe consultant and stuff.

Listening to my "Cedar Walton" channel on Pandora. Anyone else into Pandora DOT com ?

My tiVo recorded the Courtney Love "Behind The Music," so I watched it and remembered, whether Kurt Cobain wrote it or not, it was a good album....

Hole_Live_Through_This_larg.jpg

PJ Harvey can wear the Worst Dress In The World and I would still approve. She also has an open invitation to stop by my apartment any time she wants and take off such a dress. Because I'm like a wardrobe consultant and stuff.
Holy shit! talk about outing yourself.

Ponder, that's a good one. been enjoying it quite a bit this summer.

LA has all the cool elevators (although that's not the song I would pick to best represent that album). heh.

anyway...

Sam Cooke.jpg

I think it's great in the context of the album, just not singled out as a representative track.

but I can't stop playing the cd.

just not singled out as a representative track.

That's the reason I chose the song.

Part of the title of the thread is interesting. "The world needs to know".
That's it. Before Buknet I only shared music with a good friend.
Come together at 8 pm and drink, smoke, talk bull shit and listen to albums.
Those were great evenings. No distractions of the outside world.
And we never bothered anybody else.

Fright Night!

John Frusciante - Curtains

album-curtains.jpg

Perfect for a quiet Saturday night, with candles lit.

Here's one of the best songs off the album, The Past Recedes, both the video and entire album recorded in John's house.

PJ Harvey can wear the Worst Dress In The World and I would still approve.
PJ Harvey can wear a garbage bag + five toe shoes and I would not approve but would still find her the sexiest living female rocker.

She also has an open invitation to stop by my apartment any time she wants and take off such a dress.
Which she's also wearing in Who the fuck? 's clip:
I for one thwack thwack thwack can't figure out what you thwack thwack thwack see in her.
Some more thwack thwack thwack for you :eek: :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back