What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboy, great album, I'm a huge Black Crowes fan, the album is actually titled Amorica.

crowes.jpg

Former lead singer of Flat Duo Jets, Dex Romweber, just released this live at third man records on vinyl only, under the Dex Romweber Duo. Just drums, guitar and vocals! If you like old garage rock, surf rock, or are a fan of the flat duo jets, it's a must own!!!!!!!!!

dex1.jpg

"You, The Night... and The Music" by Gallon Drunk

61WWUmFPQCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

"The Rotten Mile" by Gallon Drunk

41sL6sU9BpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sorry to blow my image with you all, but this album is really great. It never gets old. A couple songs are not so good (those were the ones that were minor hits), but the rest are great.

ToriA.jpg

Bill

my wife loooves Tori Amos. not a knock on you, Bill. my wife's bad ass.

Some of her stuff is good, some not so good. This album, with one exception is full of great songs. Plus, she is a local girl. She grew up in Rockville, MD. I used to work at a record store there, but she never stopped in....

I also really like Bjork's album, DEBUT.

Sorry.

Bill

Ditto on Bjork and Amos. If you like that kind of thing, you might like Regina Spektor.

we have Spektor's latest album. the line about the macaroni computer always makes me laugh.

I'm listening to CMX. That's a Finnish band that equals Sigur Ros + Kent and more. PLEASE, listen to this. The band's main man, songwriter and singer is also one of the most well-known poets in Finland.

If anyone should pick up interest, I'll be more than happy to translate any CMX song into English. Download it. Buy it. Contact me. The music is just the veil. This is the greatest work a Finnish writer has ever produced.

And... He has stated loud and clear that he fancies Bukowski.

man, Lazy Fuck, for a guy about to join Dylan Thomas in The Great Boozer in the Sky, you sure sober up fast. half hour or so?

must be all the fresh Finnish air.

but one word of advice, if you want to stay in the top 1% of Finnish writers, you better learn how to type when 'drunk.' ;)

Anyone think he's plugging his own band?
[SARCASM]That thought would never cross my mind. No one would do that, would they?[/SARCASM]

And yes, he did sober up from "drinking a bottle of wine in 15 min" quite quickly, didn't he. It is a physiological miracle! Surely JESUS himself is looking down on him, and us, and now Christmas will really be merry.

And yes, he did sober up from "drinking a bottle of wine in 15 min" quite quickly, didn't he. It is a physiological miracle! Surely JESUS himself is looking down on him, and us, and now Christmas will really be merry.
The idea is to drink fast, get drunk fast and sober up fast, no traces, no evidence :)

That's pretty bad. It does remind me on a French band.
Keep hanging on Reed's Berlin.

as I await the Boston Celtics spanking, I listen to Mike Patton's Mondo Cane, which is Mike with a 30 piece Italian orchestra, choir and a 10 piece rock band singing traditional Italian pop songs from the 50's/60's. The actual album came out beginning of May!

mike.jpg

1fsh and stickpin, alas, the only series that reminds me of being a kid, or of 2008 I suppose... Los Angeles vs. Boston, though this time we have homecourt advantage! With that, I celebrate with quite a celebratory album!!!!! Angels & Airwaves baby! Check this song out for a sampler,

aa.jpg

Just finished watching a documentary, Home Again, Edwyn Collins, on you tube.
His recovery, after he suffered a stroke, which left him unable to speak or read.
Amazing musicien! Very inspiring. Enjoy!

A Girl Like You

The doc.

2292550219_769f621231_b.jpg

Just finished watching a documentary, Home Again, Edwyn Collins, on you tube.
His recovery, after he suffered a stroke, which left him unable to speak or read.
It is good stuff, I saw Edwin Collins live a few months ago and was lucky enough to speak to him after. Really nice guy.

I'm listening to The Mountain Goats the now.

June 3rd, 2003 from Irvine Meadows in California with Phil Jackson in attendence! Sounds good! Pearl Jam!

Awww, the memories!

Pearl_Jam.jpg

tonight, trying to forget the weekend, listening to comedian Marc Maron! I saw him years ago opening for Janeane Garofalo and Henry Rollins. This dude is extremely funny! Check him out!
(Old forum attachment ID is incorrect, see thumbnails.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back