What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #6 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a soul ballad really. One of my favorites.
That Chances Are video is tagged Bob Marley and the Wailers, but for what it's worth, that ain't the Wailers.

It's Bob and Johnny Nash in Sweden (?!) recording demos in 1971. It was heavily overdubbed and released by Danny Sims after Bob died (since if he had tried to release it while Bob was alive, Bob would have beaten him with a large stick, which would not have been unusual apparently, since Bob and some others in his camp had to give Sims a beating at least twice to get their point across to him).

This is what the Wailers actually sounded like when they wanted to play a soul ballad:

Funny mjp, I really like Bob Marley and the Wailers but the mistaken one with Johnny Nash in Sweden is very good too. I like that sound. :)
Still, sorry for the mistake.

It's not your mistake, it's the label on the video. Everyone says "Bob Marley and the Wailers" whenever they hear Bob anyway, no matter what the recording is. I'm just an idiot stickler.

Mike Oldfield and this guy from The Struts who has this Freddie Mercury Jagger thing down. He will be big-check out his solo stuff the guy has the looks and the lungs. I'm a fan.

New Prince-This guy does groove good
[This video is unavailable.]

Last edited by a moderator:
back in my teens (the 80's) I HATED Michael Jackson. Then later I liked his song 'You Are Not Alone'. For the rest of times, I didn't care.

But last week, a friend of mine (she's a musician) has led me to Michael Jackson's DEMO-TAPE of the song 'Beat it' (one of the few I okaeyd in my teens).
Since it seems, he wasn't able to play the instruments, What he's doing is:
Doing Everything with his voice only and mixing the chanels. (it's not tremendous, but very high on the scale of 'alright')

http://lacienegasmiled.tumblr.com/post/77598143356/demo-of-beat-it-composed-using-only-michael

p.s.:
click the button: 'LISTEN'

This one my father always loved. He'd turn the speakers up so loud they'd buzz before the crackle of the vinyl kicked in. And yes, he air guitared to it too. Dad rock!

I'll pay them if they're giving a gig over here.
oh- and, then I'll buy the album and will let it sign it by the girls
and then I'll give the album to my sister and then I'll listen to the
download version again.

And I just read that they play in L.A. in El Rey on may, 28.
Are you going?
Swing your daddy!

Last edited:
Yesterday, was listening to a fair bit of Snowy White and Peter Green,I had been out for a run, came home, inadvertently dropped my phone down the loo. All my music! dried it off, switched it on again, took the hairdryer to it and then read on the internet - Don't switch it on and Don't take a hairdryer to it - Hell's teeth. Now resting in a big bowl of rice (previous tip from mjp) fingers crossed.
Anyhoooo:
No bad cover from Haim:

I can't make sense of Haim's music, every time I hear them they sound different, but I do like to see youngsters rocking out, such as they're able, and you can see that they've studied the rich history of Rock Faces and make them expertly. The bass player especially, appears to be in extreme pain at all times (which may be the most effective and poignant Rock face). That, or she is under constant attack from bees. Sisters too! Go on now.

Yes, a lot of hair action that's for sure, I kept thinking, she is going to get really dizzy, but you just don't at that age.
They played the Barrowland Glasgow in March, did think about going to see them, still too many bands, not enough cash! i don't see that many anymore, so have to be really strict, selective and then go for the cheap ones!
They are playing a few gigs down in England this summer, won't see them there either. But good lassies, wish them every success. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, the spelling sucks, but there's no ad to wade through on this one. Art Blakey on traps yelling in the background with Sonny Clark on piana and Sam Jones on the ole bull fiddle. Tone and swing 20 ways to Sunday as someone somewhere said at some point.

Hoo hah!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back