What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #6 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sky. Back in the 1990ies, when I frequently visited a bar near the harbor, there were always some Scottish shipyard workers around. One of them was from Paisley, I remember. Very nice guys, drinking (immensely) and singing (The Dubliners, loudly) and very proud to be Scottish. No doubt what they are voting for.

It's so close Andreas, but it looks like it will be a No vote for independence, but just by a whisker, but it seems that out of sentiment for the past or fear of the future if we go independent, it will be a No. It is going to be very divisive though, for years to come.
Scotland is predominantly a Labour voting nation and we are getting lumbered with Conservative UK governments, because England keeps voting for them. That's mostly why I am voting Yes, I don't think the NHS is safe if we stay in the UK.

It's like we are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome!

Sorry about this, hopefully someone (else) wants to post a song:)

What I'm not listening to? U2. As an antidote I've been listening to this

[This video is unavailable.]

Ray Wylie Hubbard

Untitled-1.jpg

Speaking of human bondage... who the hell invented universal suffrage:wb: It was a fantastic turn out 84.5% of the electorate voted
55% voted No and 45% voted Yes for independence, so that's that :emo:.

ps, he doesn't look too broken hearted to me - he's kidding on I think:

very fond of the Jam, not so for the Style Council, very fond of his early solo material. This one off-single is a good pop rock song.

Those are both great Byrds albums. I believe "notorious" only last about 28 minutes .

I will follow.

Last edited:
Allow me a tip of the hat to Laura Marling for being a singer in her 20s who does not swallow every syllable and sing like an infant on the verge of tears, as every other young female singer on earth seems to do right now. Kudos.

Well there's some sloppy shit going on there - by everyone - but Ernest Ranglin is the source for most reggae guitar players. He originated a lot of that stuff and he was a master of that rapid picking that the hair metal kids turned into an industry.

I had to cover a Wailers tune that he played on called Caution, and playing those fiddley bits drove me to distraction. Not so much playing those 16th or 32nd notes or whatever they are, but trying to catch the feel. He was/is a unique player and he has a unique style.

Anybody out there who likes to listen to classical music?
I never did, but when I started to read Bukowskis poetry I began to google the composers he pays tribute to.
You all know the poem The Life of Borodin, the man who 'never knew how to say: no.'
Symphony No. 2 is one of the compositions by Alexander Borodin that Bukowski mentioned in this poem.

Lou supposedly wrote New York like a novel in that it is one whole piece and each song is a chapter. Also it is written with the cd in mind and it's ability to play straight through. He also kept it to bass, drums & guitars. Oh, and Rubber Soul is excellent too.

I love the story of the lyrics in this one.

[This video is unavailable.]

Last edited by a moderator:
@PhillyDave yeah Romeo Had Juliette is a great lyrical story - love the whole album as one of my favourites of Lou's for just the reasons you specifically outlined: written as a novel with each song a chapter to be read straight through with simple instrumentation...doesn't get much better than that. And yes, love me some Rubber Soul as well!

I was just listening to the ice cream truck music go around in circles for an hour (Puff the Magic Dragon brought back memories) before the Glock went off and sent the scared driver away... We do have Home Owners Associations down here and that's how rules are enforced... In this case I agree with the HOA president, the best crack dealer in town who just needed a disco nap when the organ grinder music pulled in. It may seem a little restrictive at times, but he's a good HOA president and he puts on the best fireworks displays on every damn holiday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back