What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #6 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading those they are just normal song lyrics. But hearing them sung in a monster voice really brings them to life.

Not homoerotic at all.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Reactions: mjp
I was invited to a Christmas dinner last year and one of the guests kept repeating the name Rammstein all night saying that she had seen them live.
I had never heard of them and didn't pay much attention. She got up and went flying on her belly between 2 chairs like a seabird.
That was my introduction to Rammstein.

Thank you, Ponder.
I've seen this translation in the web, but, you know, too much is getting lost through translations.
In this case not only the rhyme, but also some of the power of the German words.

Do you know that Till Lindemann, the frontman, is a poet?
He's published two books of poetry so far.
She got up and went flying on her belly between 2 chairs like a seabird.
My introduction to Rammstein goes back to 1998, when I shacked up with a crazy barmaid. One of her daughters, aged 16 and always dressed in black, made me listen to some of Rammstein's songs. I didn't like them at all. But okay, I got older and dumber, and now I kind of like them.

I was invited to a Christmas dinner last year and one of the guests kept repeating the name Rammstein all night saying that she had seen them live.
I had never heard of them and didn't pay much attention. She got up and went flying on her belly between 2 chairs like a seabird.

Wtf? :D

When Rammstein first appeared in the 90's and I saw glimpses of their work I thought they were some strange right-wing-shit, which is probably exactly what they want the uninformed to believe. Nowadays I view them more as some kind of conceptual art than as a band. If its good art or not is the question. Their music does not do much for me, but that's just my opinion.

Also they took a lot of their concepts from the Slovenian band Laibach. I've read an interview with Laibach once where they said, Rammstein is Laibach for the children.

Last edited:
Well, that's exactly what happened and what I thought.
I remember asking her at one point if she understood German and she said that she didn't.
They might be very good, I'll never know...
I'm invited again this Christmas. The year before, she had a thing for Johnny Hallyday. We'll see.

Last edited:
I can do bluegrass on occasion....

Untitled-1.jpg

Emitt Rhodes was in the group Merry-Go-Round that had one minor hit in 67(?). He wrote, produced and recorded all his three solo records as well as played all the instruments. It's great Paul McCartney power-pop. He may also be known for the song "Lullabye" in The Royal Tannenbaums. His first lp i have. It's great. This is "Fresh as a Daisy"

@Ponder The Fleet Foxes vid did not work but I went to You Tube and checked out the EP - cool shit, thanks for the post brother.

ZEP FRIDAYS ok it's not a thing, but it should be ;)

[This video is unavailable.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back