What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Guided by Voices again, the second lp of 2017. The 1st one is a double lp. More is more. The latest, HOW DO YOU SPELL HEAVEN, is a single lp.

Hmmm...I have two versions. The version Pogue posted is on BS 3 and a more stripped-down (or should I say less over-dubbed?) version appears on BS 8. Where's the third one?

Now that I think about it, the version on BS 3 fades in out of When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky and the video Pogue posted doesn't have that cross-cut/fade in. I wonder if the third version is just the above clean lead-in version of what's on BS 3.

I'm going to have to re-listen. You know what? There's the version from the Bootleg vol. 8, one from Bootleg vol. 3 and the other version from Greatest Hits vol.3. There are slight but noticeable differences. The video? Maybe that version is dif too, ever so slightly. But I think the vid version is the G Hits v 3 version.

Last edited:
I don't have Greatest Hits vol.3, so maybe that's the key here. It would make sense that they'd clean up the fade in for a Greatest Hits while leaving it studio raw on the BS version. I've always loved that: BS being so far from BS it's not funny.

Just as I wrapped up a frenzy of Replacements listening this had to pop up the other day. 2 discs, 29 songs in total. a mighty fine selection of tunes.

Although I am a child of the 80s, I didn't think I'd ever post this. But this seems like a pretty damn good song to me even though it's from Kevin Bacon.

Heard this first thing in the morn. Great way to start the day.

and saw Wilco do a short tight set (1.5 hrs instead of their usual 3) at a fest this past Friday so re-connecting with my love for them.

This guy just get BETTER and better with his lyrics as he gets old. Closest thing to Buk in this genera. Mind you, the meledy ain't so sweet, but Ray and Lucinda have never had very sweet voices...

It may sound a little cheesy now, but in my prog rock teens I really liked this band...

I got introduced to this one from Tom Petty's Mudcrutch project and loved it at first hear. I knew Roger McGuinn wrote it, but I didn't seek it out because I figured it would be one of those mono sounding old Bryd's sounding songs. I was way wrong. Sure, Tom had a lot of modern toys to play with, but the original holds up incredibly strong.

He was a session guy before he became famous, so he probably played (uncredited) on hundreds of songs.

Actually, I bet he wasn't very confused at all. Just another day in the salt mines?

This Chick and Ray Wylie Hubbard should have sex and create the next Dylan. Lucinda Williams and James Mcmurtry can be God parents.

There's a little Dear Mr. Fantasy in the chords, but these lyrics are pure classic. I wonder if a guy could write them as well as these.

Last edited:
QOTSA Villains via Matador Header.jpg

weird album with weirder intros and riffs. i like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back