What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently reading his autobiography. really brilliant. a fav of one of the bunch he wrote w/ McCartney.

Been listening to sixties "garage" rock last few days, really great music still to discover. First time to hear this band from Boston, really like them, remind me of the Arctic Monkeys early stuff.
I love the talking at the beginning :) ..."Here's a little toon he wrote... it's called Why Do I Cry;

Can I put this on too?
Had the wrong one on! that's it fixed.

Last edited:
At buk.net, we all know how to appreciate the value of an artist's work in spite of his personality. It is in this spirit that I present to you one of the biggest assholes who ever spent his final years in Chicago, living on other peoples' money, insulting everyone he encountered (including me) and being a genuine carcinoma on the skin of humanity. Ladies and gentlemen: one of my favorite soul voices ever: Tyrone Davis

I know you've probably heard this jam already, but it's the feel good hit of this young year, so I'd be remiss if I didn't spread it - in all its HD glory - as far and wide as Jesus allows me too.

I know you've probably heard this jam already, but it's the feel good hit of this young year, so I'd be remiss if I didn't spread it - in all its HD glory - as far and wide as Jesus allows me too.
..."no longer available due to a copyright claim"...

You can't tease us like that. Please post another clip or link to that song. Use your all of your descriptive powers and try to use dinosaur metaphors. Or maybe flowers. Go.

What's this country coming to?

Anyway, I replaced it with a cropped version that includes, as a special bonus, the lyrics. Which you could have easily heard without subtitles, but there you go.

I've been on a bit of a Dead thing lately. This show is always listed as quintessential from a hippie/GD perspective. Neal Cassidy pops in about 25 min in.(it may be file footage I don't know) The first 10 min are silly-then the music and the acid seems to kick in. Best hippie footage I have ever seen. Warning there are bare naked ladies and gentlemen.

Warning there are bare naked ladies and gentlemen.
Thanks for not making specific mention of naked tripping guy on telephone pole during Jack Straw.:eek: In Good Old Grateful Dead circles, 8/27/72 and 5/8/77 seem to rise to the top as the best shows ever from them. I'm not a full show type; I dig on moments, which are scattered among the many hundreds of official CDs and authorized cassette boots out there. But on this one, the jam from China Cat Sunflower into I Know You Rider is particularly good (10:01-14:40). Playing in the band was great that day, but isn't on this viddy except for a snippet of the jam @ 1:02:30. Merle Haggard's Sing Me Back Home is really well-delivered as the sun goes down, but only gets brief treatment at the end of this video.

kinda my mood lately. Mathew Ryan nails it and the cd this is from CONCUSSION is excellent.

Chronic, you need to lurk these halls more often. You and I have like-minded musical tastes and, to boot, you're a hot shit (late '70s-early '80s cool-speak). Good to see you are still kickin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back