What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Santa Monica" by Everclear has been driving me nuts. It came on my co-worker's radio and I can't get it out of my head. I liked it for a few minutes when it came out but now? Ugh. Bad day. Need good music.

Heard this one on the radio on the way in, not the live version, but this one is pretty cool too.

my local public radio station has been playing all Dylan 6am to 7pm. Not bad. Here's a favorite.

I love this album cover, Odyssey was misspelt on it, which they said was deliberate, but later owned up:). recorded at Abbey Road straight after Sgt Pepper, a lot of Beatles stuff still lying around so it goes and Lennon's Mellotron was used on the album. .

[This video is unavailable.]

Lennon's Mellotron was used on the album.
For what it's worth, the Mellotron on Strawberry Fields and a couple Sgt Pepper songs was a rented one. In 1967 EMI bought one, and that's what The Beatles used on some later recordings. John had a Mellotron in his home studio, but it was never used at Abbey Road.

The early models (like Lennon's MKII) didn't like being moved a lot, they were kind of temperamental and needed a lot of adjustment when they were moved. Not really the kind of thing you can throw in the back seat of the car and take to the studio.

npyjiQDMaFU.jpg

mp0303-03.jpg

As Robert Fripp once stated: "Tuning a mellotron doesn't." Crimson toured from October '72 - July '74 with two mellotrons - not to have one as a spare but because both Fripp and David Cross played mellotron. Whomever did the maintenance on those must have been a busy guy.

I got a Wilson Pickett best of lp for free and was excited to put this tune on. The wrong lp was in it, a beat up scratched, cracked Temps. Oh well.

Jane's Addiction/Dinosaur Jr/Living Color played in town last night. I went to the Phillies instead (They won 4-1). My friend fixed J's gold Telecaster & they say it was a great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back