What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
great wrecking crew session with beauty isolated vocals and then the finished tune at the end.

edit - better throw the maestro in for good measure...

Last edited:
I'm embarrassed I haven't heard of these folks before last month.

Ah well, I should be used to being a step behind.

In a few hours I'll be listening to PJ Harvey.

cct-pjharvey-0511-11.jpg

Will it be any good? Will it just be crazy noise?

How the hell would I know? What am I, a Swami?

Will it be any good? Will it just be crazy noise?
It was good.
And it was crazy noise.
And it felt like performance art sometimes, with the posing and whatnot. But she's good at it, and her voice is loud and pure and strong, whatever's playing under it.

For the first 20 minutes or so, people were screaming out the names of her older songs in the quiet as she was preparing to play another song of the latest album. When she finally did play older songs near the end of the set ("50ft Queenie," "Down by the Water," "To Bring You My Love"), the audience lost its mind, which I guess everyone with a 25 year career in music - or in any kind of entertainment - has to suffer through. People clamoring for what you did decades ago when you want to do something new.

I prefer those old records too, but I didn't go see her back then, I went now, so I got what I expected, and it was good.

And it finally occurred to me that "To Bring You My Love" is a reworked version of the Stooges "Dirt."

0514_fea_ocr-l-pjharvey-03_.jpg

I was going to pull up Blonde on Blonde, just the album, not outtakes, live versions, or covers but couldn't find just the double lp I've come to know and love. Bob is mercurial and funny about the interwebs I guess. So Blonde on Blonde came out the same day 51 years ago as Pet Sounds. That's a cool coincidence. Here's this great live version from Belfast, 1966.

Wonder why Chris Cornell died. Favorite Soundgarden song.

[This video is unavailable.]
(Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage Lyrics)

Sorry to keep hitting you with Lou, but it is so fucked up that we moved the needle so far, only for the Neanderthals in this country to push it back. I am not gay, but I hate the fuck out of bullies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back