What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this guy Sunday. V entertaining. It was kind of funny/silly how enthusiastic he was considering it's singer-songwriter music but still he brought the songs with skill & verve & joy.

Minneapolis band NNB single from 1978, and a compilation track from Twin Tone's Big Hits of Mid-America Volume III in 1979.

Skip to 2:35 in "Slack" to hear the greatest I-think-I'll-just-close-my-eyes-and-make-seagull-noises-with-the-guitar-in-this-part guitar solo of all time. How can you not admire that?

The second one, "Listen," is just an awesome layered crunchy noise attack from front to back. "No dancing! Please remain in seats."

this is alot of fun -

Nuggets.jpg

Listening to some power-pop. R.I.P Tommy Keene.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. Music saves the world. I know it. And I get some of my fill here and there. But it's not the same as it was like when I was younger. Now it's something I need therapy for. Playing music was great for a while, until it squeezed all the love for it out of me.

Being There by Wilco has been 3cd 20th Anniversary reissued. I LOVE this one. I've had it on cd since day one and got it on vinyl at my one and only trip to Chicago in 04? Santa will, I assume, get me the re-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back