What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few pictures of Johnny playing that Rickenbacker and always wondered why? Hearing it here (on the first song) makes me wonder even more, why? Tinny piece of crap. Not an ideal instrument for the Ramones particular brand of pop.

Classic Ramones though, four songs in under seven minutes. And dare I say, they had more swing with Tommy drumming. Later incarnations were more bashy and plodding. In this video Tommy makes it look easy. Marky always looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

What monkeys? I was captivated by the dynamic singer's easy, casual look.

The 60's were weird.

Well, the Dutch can't rock (though that's not your fault), but you certainly are a stylish and relaxed bunch, so you've got that going for you.

What monkeys? I was captivated by the dynamic singer's easy, casual look.

The 60's were weird.
The sixties, inevitable for some! :)
But, weird! I suppose so, if it is in relation with anything else.
I was watching a doc, that has to do with the coming futur, accelerating its pace every second, until it is in our 'face, yesterday', and wondered what will inspire the future poets... and if the present ones do not have a tendency to look at the past.

There will be poets in the future? I'm pleasantly surprised! I imagined the future to be populated by a race of humans with 90 degree angle necks that pointed their faces permanently down to their god damn smart phones.

Shocking Blue was not a rock band but a hit machine.
Black Swan posted the song without my permission (she is a flower child you know...feminist et all.)
I'm very sorry.
I had to listen to tunes like Venus or Inkpot on the radio all the time. No wonder I was depressed.

Oh no, Digney, please, why do you do this to me. Now I'm really traumatized.

JUDY IS A PUNK a minute and 15 seconds. is that a song . I'd miss the whole show finishing my beer and taking a piss. I mean i don't dislike the Ramones at all .. but I think they had a lot to do with the diminishing attention span of other wise intelligent people.

Just edited myself three times. I hope I got the damn title right.
new way to deal with Buk.net . ( Kind of like the Ramones )
Duck in. Say a piece. Duck out.

JUDY IS A PUNK a minute and 15 seconds. is that a song . I hope I got the damn title right.
Jackie was a punk, actually, Judy was a runt. They both went down to Berlin to join the Ice Capades, according to legend. Though the same source also insists that they both went down to 'Frisco to join the SLA, so as you can see, there is some question as to their eventual fate.

But to answer your question (I think it was a question, even though it ends with a period), no, it is not a song. A song must be at least five minutes and 20 seconds long (preferably longer) and feature one or more instrumental solo. The perfect song is almost seven minutes long, with a 40 second Hammond organ intro "inspired by" a Bach movement, two guitar solos, a quick break where you can hear the bass for a second, then a long fade (with additional bonus guitar solos and falsetto vocal screams over the fade). That's a song!

This other shit, I don't know what it is. It certainly isn't music.

JUDY IS A PUNK a minute and 15 seconds. is that a song .

The studio version is much longer clocking in at 1:30. Really, though, how long does it take for a breath of fresh air?
wink.png

As a person who shouldn't be allowed near anything that requires coordination I'm glad it was your green nail polish and not mine, Black Swan. :)

My theme song could be this:

[This video is unavailable.]

Looks like one of the paramedics from the old Emergency! t.v. show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back