What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who Do You Love by the Preachers.

[This video is unavailable.]

Stumbled across a collection of KRLA Beat newspaper. Beatles, Stones, DC5, Herman's Hermits, Dylan, Sonny and Cher, and much much more. Derek Taylor wrote for it before working as the Beatles' publicist. I've only got to the end of 1965 in scrolling through the pdf files (big files).

can't stop listening to this cd:

New release:

Thekills_bloodpressures.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You ain't no punk you punk. I remember some clerk at a record store lamenting that Bryan Gregory had left the band, "to join a satanic cult. I thought he was already in one."

I am having a big crush on Stiv Bators.
Then you should really see the Blank Generation documentary where Steve - sorry, Stiv - jams Lydia Lunch's bloody, used tampon into his mouth while he's singing "I Need Lunch." That would make you love him even more. You know, a guy who would do that. I mean, how could you not love him after that?

He was a really nice lad though. But didn't he die before you were born?

And while being no expert on the subject I've been told that this was the first pre-punk band, ever.

Please confirm or deny this, thank you.

The Monks - Monk Chant

The Monks were certainly weird, but they look like entertainers to me. I don't sense any underlying danger or madness. They don't look like they ever missed a weird note.

Nice haircuts though. And I don't think anyone ever used more tambourines. The were the Harmonicats of the tambourine world.

I'd been informed that they were crazed ex-GIs but that may have been a PR-stunt.

(The crazed, that is. They were GIs).

Then you should really see the Blank Generation documentary where Steve - sorry, Stiv - jams Lydia Lunch's bloody, used tampon into his mouth while he's singing "I Need Lunch." That would make you love him even more. You know, a guy who would do that. I mean, how could you not love him after that?
Thank you for the suggestion, mjp. But I am already well informed of Stiv's habits thanks to Bebe Buell's dirty pretty stories in Please Kill Me.
He was a really nice lad though.
Did you happen to meet him the one and only night you played at CBGB's with the one and only Sonny Vincent?
But didn't he die before you were born?
You are mistaking me with my youngest sister. Stiv indeed died one month before her birth. And he died in Paris, which adds to his attractiveness; the legend even saying that his ashes were spread over Jim Morrison's grave.

Some more bloody tampon for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UNJ9kYYt58

the one and only night you played at CBGB's...
Watch as the innocent, unwary girl makes a desperate attempt to call the withered old man's punk rock cred into question! Her jumbled English words chosen carefully for maximum impact! See the amusing spectacle of her delicate verbal jousting in a desperate effort to win the favor of the old man! To impress him with her zazz and moxie! A schoolgirl crush on display for your education and entertainment! You will gasp and gape in wide-eyed astonishment! It's all here, and it's all LIVE!

Please step up to the booth in an orderly fashion! You there! I don't want to see your children trampled, or dear old grandmother elbowed aside! Didn't we all see enough carnage in the war? There are a limited number of tickets available for the next show, so I beg you with the utmost solemnity and urgency to buy yours NOW or risk being stranded here on this dusty midway with tears rolling down your fair cheeks while your friends and neighbors marvel at the stunning, eye-popping, jaw-dropping ABSOLUTELY REAL oddities under the tent that you see directly behind me!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, saints and sinners alike, this is my personal guarantee to each and every one of you: if the oddities that you see tonight, brought here directly to you from the four corners of the known and unknown world are not ABSOLUTELY REAL, I will personally pay each and every one of you five dollars in cold, hard American silver!

1941 carnival barker.jpg

ModernMedicalMiracle.jpg

Last edited:
all my friends wonder why I go to thrift stores so often, so it gets me wondering as well. Then I come across things like a mint copy of this for 1.99 and I smile with satisfaction.
photo.JPG

I got After the Gold Rush for a quarter at a thrift store. that's my best deal.

careful, mjp. I'm not sure you're aware of what you're dealing with. Ambreen read a book on the subject, so she's well armed for battle.

What do you all think about this cover? :oo:oo
(Serious question)

Billy Idol - L.A. Woman

On Sunday I heard more versions of Morning Dew than I probably needed to. A radio documentary on the song on CBC Radio One.

So the early version by Bonnie Dobson in 1962:

and the one that I first heard many years later:

so, I bbq'd supper tonight. I use charcoal, so it's an ordeal (which I'm a willing participant). and I kept singing this song, which caused the neighbors to stare. I'm used to the neighbors staring, but normally it's on account of my man-beauty. anyway.

maybe I shouldn't have had 6 of these before supper. I get maudlin, dontcha know.

6.5% is the way to go. at least today. now on to the box of wine. heh.

Like a Virgin covered by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrM1htRDsQ

Even his burps were attractive...

And yesterday, I attended a hardcore night in a squat. Not really the kind of gigs I am fond of but the first band's bassist was a friend's friend. When the slams and violent mosh pits began, I left my brave buddies who were in the middle of the crowd for a safer place, near the entrance (yeah, I'm a sissy). There was a wall in front of me, with the poster of an upcoming punk night in another place. As I looked at it more carefully, I saw a familiar name:

http://img42.imageshack.us/f/dscn0825n.jpg/

The legendary SONNY VINCENT! He will soon perform in Paris! I'll be there! HAHAHA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back