What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. Volume 8 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"THE ESTATE" is doing a good job with the reissues, including a lot of the unreleased stuff that was recorded during the same time period. The expanded Purple Rain was really good and the upcoming 1999 looks like it will be an extravaganza of unreleased tracks.

Not to mention reissuing albums that have been out of print (Emancipation, Musicology, Gold Experience, 3121, Chaos And Disorder), and then little things like this single - it's all good so far.

I'd like to see some of the NPG Music Club download-only stuff released on CD. I'm sure it will all be out eventually.

Here's a nice slice of Philly. Fishtown, Port Richmond, Northern Liberties, South Philly (FDR Park) and Fairmount.

Here's a nice slice of Philly. Fishtown, Port Richmond, Northern Liberties, South Philly (FDR Park) and Fairmount.
Nice. A local boy. Thanks, PhillyDave. I'll check him out further. I enjoyed the scenery. Back in college, we used to hang out around 6th and Fairmount. One of our friends had a place. Remember the Bank club? Not sure if that's still there.

You ever go to Silk City? We were just there last year...

so blossom dearie was a bust - must be some buddy starcher fans...

Nice. A local boy. Thanks, PhillyDave. I'll check him out further. I enjoyed the scenery. Back in college, we used to hang out around 6th and Fairmount. One of our friends had a place. Remember the Bank club? Not sure if that's still there.

You ever go to Silk City? We were just there last year...
The Bank was great. Oh, the 90's. I don't usually dance but I danced my ass off their last night. Good times. Nothin' there anymore. Silk City is great. I enjoyed it a lot more when it was just a diner. It's more restaurant-y i.e expensive, but still good.

my new favourite song! thanks, you sent me on a DVR spree.

Max Webster! There's a name I haven't heard since Gerald Ford was President.

I think they played on every 70s arena tour they could latch onto. I know they were fourth on the bill when I saw Rush, but I have the feeling I was in the room with them for half a dozen other shows in those days.

wow! you - kind of - saw them? they played high schools in toronto when i was a kid and yes i saw them open
for Rush a bunch of times. super fun live band.

Yeah. I checked my list, but it doesn't have opening bands listed for a lot of the shows. But I'd imagine I saw them at least three times.

No "kind of" seeing someone in those days. I watched every band on the show whether I liked them or not (with a few exceptions). I was just a teenage sponge looking for whatever I could soak up.

Their music wasn't on the radio in the Twin Cities (that I remember), but there were a lot of bands that toured like hell in those days and never got onto the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back