What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. Volume 8 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i'm not embarrassed to say his voice makes me swoon.

hey, if you haven't, check this out - all the songs he demoed for elvis - super fun album.

gc.jpg

i refused to ever listen to new order for a time, just because Joy Division was over, but surprise surprise when i decided to give it a listen to their music. and what a legendary album they put out among others in the 80's

Bear Creek Blues
I hope everyone is good. I don’t know about you guys but I am walking around with a wooden spoon in one hand to stir the sauce and a brush in the other, listening to music! And the list is long!

Been listening to some artists this quarantine that I had been putting off for a while. I recommend listening to all of them if you haven't.

I also tried getting into grindcore... That didn't work out very well. I saw a comment in a video that described my feelings towards it prefectly: "It's what I thought all punk sounded like before I ever listened to punk."

he defied the odds! he couldn't sing, couldn't act and he could have been related to herman munster.

but watch him go! and almost 50 years old.

Last edited:
I may have mentioned in passing here or there the odd, ongoing trend of young female singers using on-the-verge-of-tears baby voices. I shouldn't single out female singers, some of the boys do it too. Enunciating as if they just learned how to speak in the past few months. Swallowing half their words in a weird bid to sound as if they've been date-rape-drugged.

There's a long tradition in recorded music of put-on voices, so weird vocal trends are nothing new. (Hello Green Day, cor blimey, lads!) But I don't know if it's ever been this pervasive and corrosive. I don't think there's ever been a time where we've heard fewer natural voices.

Anyway, all of that is just preamble to presenting a song I heard today on Morning Becomes Eclectic. It was notable because an actual baby seemed to be singing.

It wasn't an actual baby as it turned out. It was just this inventive young rascal sampling someone.

I couldn't believe someone had finally taken the baby voice trend to its logical conclusion by singing exactly like a baby, so I looked up the singer, who goes by the name of Bababooey. Sorry, not Bababooey, Beabadoobee.

Turns out, though, that creative powerhouse who sampled her song speeded it up significantly, raising the pitch of Beabopbaloola's voice.

I was disappointed when I learned that Beabadoobelooby was just another run of the mill follower of the whiny-almost-baby-voice trend and not a pioneer of actual baby voice singing.

But I hold out hope that one day a young singer will come onto the scene with the bravery and vision to do an album where all of the vocals are just whining and crying noises. That'll be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back