What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot Gerard! :mad:

After those I had to go back to the harmonium tune just to get the taste of saccharin out of my brain.

has been playing over and over again inside my head all day. It's so goddamned cheerful and catchy that I might have to shoot myself. Please, somebody, MAKE IT STOP!

I first heard about the Penguin Cafe with this
I was the Music editor for a film called "Full Grown Men" and we tried to get the license to use it but, it was a small film with a small budget so unfortunately it was too much for us to pay.
But i do like them very much.:)

since the world needs to know:

Robbie Williams: 'Misunderstood'
even if you hate him, you might give the a chance...
(I think it's okay.)

I really have a total dislike for RW's music, but I think the guy is great.
Clever entertainer and I believe he's 100% behind what he's doing.
Great sense of humour, that's why I like him.
I remember when he said:"You can call me Roberta now.", pretending his
coming out. :D

Girl's Got Rhythm - AC/DC... I remember, the first time I ever played pool with Mr. G, I had this blaring in his father's billiard room. Haha. :)

since the world needs to know:
Robbie Williams: 'Misunderstood'

I listened to him
snif.gif
as I listened to Britney (I still remember Baby one more time's lyrics
snif.gif
) and Céline Dion (how delighted I was when our music teacher learnt us to play My Heart will go on with our flutes
snif.gif
).

Luckily, I grew up.

Right now, I'm listening to my beloved PJ Harvey in order to prepare myself for her parisian concert in may
cornedudiable.gif

Here is a song that reunites two of my favourite artists (in Nick Cave's album Murder ballads, a height of black humour) :
http://www.clipzik.com/pj-harvey-et-henry-lee/with-nick-cave.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Queens of the stone Age...Aside from the song, which gets me going allright, I like the video even better...and usually I dont pay attention to visuals that try to accompany music.

Hey chronic, :D. Very nice. Is 'The Last Train to Clarksville on that Monkees LP? One of their finest, I'll start with that on and work my way down!CRB

I know a lot of Dean Martin songs and I can sing "Amore", believe it or not.
My ex is a huge fan and fierce about any criticism concerning him. hehe
And I have to admit I really enjoyed the Martin/Lewis duo films when I was a kid.
Still not my sound, so what?

I have a sweet tooth for Dino.

Any man who can drink that much and make that much money can't be all bad. And his friends, well, they look like they would have been fun to hang with, too...

Pax

Never said a bad word about him. Although the music's not my cup of tea, I like the drunk pronounciation.

"...back in old Napoli, that's amore..." :cool: hick

Deep Purple live in Copenhagen, March 1, 1972. If you can put the cliche of Smoke on the Water out of your head; Purple could really rip up a stage pretty well.

Machine Head by Deep Purple was the first music I ever purchased "” on 8-track. BTO II came in the same bag; at a flea market at the Sunrise Highway Drive-In Theatre, in Valley Stream, New York. For all those interested... two bucks each.

Last edited by a moderator:
The band Machine Head isn't really close to Deep Purple, eh? :rolleyes:
I can't enjoy their style, the best thing about this group is they had the Verbal Abuse drummer in the beginning - " Just An American Band " is a damned fine hardcore record.

But I'm in another mood this sunday morning and drift away with Depeche Mode's Exciter.

Taking a break from the Kinks...

Pulp - Separations

612TZz1USoL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Still stuck on Purple. The track I referenced yesterday came from a DVD I just found; Deep Purple live in '72/73, and it turns out that little else of live video exists for this crazy-assed band. At least that's what they're saying, so when they release other DVDs, we've just got to get them.

I didn't listen to the whole thing yesterday, and it turns out that one of their three encores from the March 1, 1972 Denmark show was Lucille, from Little Richard.

Damn, it screams; got to love Roger Glover! Just found it on youtube:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back