What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KillingJoke-KillingJoke.jpeg

Killing Joke's self-titled 2003 album is always a treat. So much energy; and great lyrics too - "I'm an urban animal / One step from a cannibal"... can't beat that :)
Their new one, "Feast Of Fools" is scheduled this fall, on September 6th. Yey!

Wednesday13FangBang2006.jpgWednesday13.jpg

My fave song on the album - [This video is unavailable.]
Oh I wish it were Halloween all year round!

Ah, you sure put me in my place. Sadly, it's the wrong place. (It always seems to come down to geography, not music, not literature, here.) Aim further north. And toward the left coast (you like some in this wasteland).

Am listening to, as per usual, nothing much at all.

Two Burnaby reasons to either like or tell this particular place to fuck off:

by DOA (sorry no Mohawks here).

by Michael Buble.

on vinyl, it sounds good on this Saturday evening, before the Lakers destroy the thunder!

lw.jpg

no arab strap fan here, but in any event damn you KOBE BRYANT, damn you, you really have broken my heart this time!

but dinosaur jr is ok, saw them for the umpteenth time at the troubadour in west hollywood a few months ago, however the girl I was with was much more interested in smoking pot, then she was interested in me, or dinosaur jr, so that kinda ruined the night. but i did get a couple cool polaroid pics of the gig.

and now I'm sitting here, listening to:

incubus_monuments_and_melodies.png

Nervas, remember a few years back when Kobe Bryant tried his luck at the rap game, now that was painful, almost as bad as Shaq's attempt.

You like Godard's films, Stav? You're a man of good taste then! ;)

If I had to choose one Pixies (real) vid, it would be Velouria's:

Hic et nunc:

Hi-la-rious! Well done Sid! FUCK Sinatra (and Claude François as well)!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Stav, well I guess he was more successful with this rape game, but here's a link to Kobe rapping, and the best part is the song is titled Thug Poet, about as pathetic as it gets.

[This video is unavailable.]

And as for what I'm listening to, today is an Eddie Vedder/ Into the Wild Soundtrack day

yup, it sounds good. I think it may have been my find of the day, 7 bucks! Picked it up yesterday at a record swap meet/convention they have every last Sunday of the month in Buena Park, by Knott's Berry Farm. I also found this for 15 bucks, not bad.

clash.jpg

I just threw out about 500 cassettes a month ago.

sickening indeed.

cassette-tape-breakdown.jpg

For the sizable funds I sank in to these plastic and ribbon abominations perhaps cyber piracy of music isn't naught but justifiable comeuppance. :rolleyes:

since the Lakers are winning by 30 points in game 5, I have the tv on mute, while listening to one of my most prized vinyl's, White Zombies La Sexorcisto - Devils Music, Volume I on glow in the dark vinyl, though I don't care what Rob, or Geffen, or anyone else says, it BARELY glows in the dark.

zomglow.jpg

The Killers - Hot Fuss. They seemed sooooo good so many years ago. But man, they bring back memories for me!

killers.jpg

"I got a restraining order, against satan's daughter, and I keep it at the bottom of this Jameson and water.".............."Epic" line!

sea.jpg

The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards

If

along with the whole album doesn't rip your balls off, then I don't have anything else to say.

on an industrial trip for days listening to Jesu, Scorn, Godflesh, Techno Animal, God, Fall of Because, Grey Machine, Final, Ice

Love this song; good vid, too.

[This video is unavailable.]

When I was hardcore in to punk - Bad Brains, Crass, Rudimentary Peni this was the last punk band I thought worth a shit.

In honor of another Lakers playoff win....God, I love the Lakers! Rockin' to the beat of the fabulous Forum, my Lakers, I adore them!

mother.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back