What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tough it out until about the 2 minute mark...
That clip goes off the douche-chill meter in the first couple minutes there, and is then admirably salvaged before the iceberg collision and sinking that seemed inevitable.

I blame Pete Seeger for having the cockeyed optimism, pluck and moxie to get groups of people large and small singing songs together. Now every knucklehead with an acoustic guitar wants to start a hootenanny. That type of thing should be left to the professionals.

Sonny_semper.jpg

listening to a couple cds I gave my wife for Mother's day:

Neko-Case-Middle-Cyclone.jpg

News1_1.jpg

St. Vincent - Actor

yeah, with a few exceptions, if you asked me what year I thought each song was recorded in, I'd probably say "Uh, 1978?" but I have no problem with that.

punk rock warrior indeed. he must be nearing 60, and still touring and recording. hats off for sticking with it (or not dying) and continually putting out very good punk rock.

it's a very strong collection. although trying to stuff the 3 lps into the sleeve is a bit of a challenge.

[...] punk rock warrior indeed.
... gets me back to ELSE ADMIRE:

on Mai 1st, he gave a concert, that I videotaped (like so many of him). Have been thrown right into the soap-bubble-machine by some pogo-dancers.
This is what I looked like afterwards. The cam got wet and was nearly damaged. And I bit into my left cheek from the inside. Of course I was going on filming to the end to pretend being tough. ;-))

Roni, that's a nasty looking bite.

and I'm pretty sure you weren't pretending to be tough. all a case of "liquid courage", if you get my drift.

I do get your drift.
But since I was on work (filming) I wasn't that "liquid". Had only two wines through the concert. Been drinking afterwards back home, of course.

Christian Death - Prophecies ( song The Great Swarm Of Bees right now wrecking my headphones, louder, LOUDER, LOUDER! )

Eagles of Death Metal. Are they Pomo? Easy listening anyway.

Well I actually work in the OC, though I live in the LA and today as I stopped by my local bestbuy to pick up a mixer for my home use only dj set, there was a band playing. I guess it was their record release party. Kind of odd, to be playing right there in the middle of a bestbuy? Since the family was expecting me a bit late tonight, I stuck around for a little while. They were called Sleep For Sleepers? They had a crowd of around 14 people there pretty into what they were doing. According to the signs posted throughout bestbuy they are an indie rock christain band. I did'nt dig e'm too much, so only stuck around for about 4 songs then split....so that's what I was listening to today until I got home, hooked up my mixer and switched between The Strokes LP's and Placebo Mp3's. At least the mixer works well.

Hahaha funny clip indeed. Kung Fu my ass try to karate chop a bullet.
Or something like that.

Listening to a Carcass mix cd at the moment.

I'm trying to get into some classical music but all i can think of is beethoven and mozart. I'm also looking for music with non-english lyrics ( there's nothing like something beautiful that you don't understand). Any suggestions? "Rock n Roll Animal" best Lou Reed album ever!!

I'm trying to get into some classical music but all i can think of is beethoven and mozart.
Try out Wagner for the classical music, honestly, I'm not kidding.
Nevermind that small man from Austria loved his music, it wasn't Richard Wagner's mistake.

If you're interested in german bands maybe, check out EA80, Fliehende Stürme, Razzia, X-mal Deutschland, Dackelblut, Oma Hans, Kommando Sonne-Nmilch, Trend, Chaos Z, Blut+Eisen and I doubt you don't know Einstürzende Neubauten.
Search the net a bit and I'm sure you'll find something you like from this part of the world, even if not the ones I mentioned you'll probably find a link ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha funny clip indeed. Kung Fu my ass try to karate chop a bullet.
Or something like that.
It's all the more surprising as it's something quite unusual from Muse. But it could have been funnier if they themselves had played the roles. Matt would have been the good, Chris the villain and Dom the blonde bitchy babe.

I'm also looking for music with non-english lyrics ( there's nothing like something beautiful that you don't understand). Any suggestions ?
If you want some french lyrics, try Noir Désir and Eiffel, they're the best !
I also think to groups having invented their own language, like Cocteau Twins or Magma (another French band).

Einstürzende Neubauten.
Oh yes, I suggest this one either, led by Blixa Bargeld, one of Nick Cave's bad seeds !
bienw.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more suggestions for you, mikeypants: Jeunesse Apatride from France play Streetpunk, KK Null leads Zeni Geva from Japan ( Noisecore with traditional japanese elements ) and does electro and if you're into crust in the finest skandinavian tradition, listen to Unkind from Finnland. You will probably not understand what each of them is singing :o

That's all well and good, but where can I get streetpunk noisecore electro crust all in one package? Preferably in a band with cruel beards. I'll take my answer off the air.

an early live-version of ''.

(for the 3rd time now. This dude's been TERRIFIC back then!)

"At night it seems you can hear
the whole damn city crying!
Blame it on the lies
that killed us
on the truth
that ran us down
- you can blame it all on me
it don't matter to me now!

[...]

We swore forever friends!
- on the backstreets until the end ...
"