What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard this yesterday on "Highs in the 70's, punk rock Thursday edition". And Green Day got into the RnR Hall of Fame, but these guys haven't?!

and this is a favorite too.

The riff of this song (Havana Affair) is killer!

I love the fact that Joeys voice sounds very Pop in certain songs, almost like the Beach Boys or something at times, while simultaneously they look like this ultra tough New York street gang and blast out this huge wall of sound which only takes about two minutes a piece. What a combination.

The Ramones fucking rock.

When I listen to some of those Sly and the Family Stone records I can't help thinking (over and over again), "This is some real fuck you music!" and I like that. You just know the other people in the studio were wondering what the hell was happening during most of it. It's like nothing else. It's perfect.
I get that same feeling from Gil Scott-Heron & Parliament/Funkadelic.

And speaking of Gil...

I love the fact that Joeys voice sounds very Pop in certain songs, almost like the Beach Boys or something at times...
They always said that they set out to make pop music. It just came out the way it came out.

This plunged me back into memories of San Fernando Valley where my cousins lived...
Ventura Blvd. was known when I was a child for the famous "low riders"...There is a guitar line at one point which sounds like it's taken from a Beatles song but it escapes me which one...

a friend took me to see him last nite in toronto. never heard of him or anything by him but it was a good show,

MAJOR hipster turnout. beards, collar shirts and well groomed hair. man did i feel old...

the opening act was the guitarist and chick from his band called tess and dave. they were great.

yeah, that hipster shit's annoying when alls yr trying to do is enjoy the show and the dude next to you is drinking his craft beers smoking French cigs wearing a Doctor Who shirt with a super manicured beard and a man-bun or broni-tail. FJM is good.

sounds like you were there too...

i think i spotted will s. burg there too but can't be sure. his huge PBR tallboy was blocking his face most of the show...

Was he like 6'4" & skinny with a REALLY cute, REALLY short girlfriend with oversized Buddy Holly glasses? I think I saw them there as well.

In anticipation of Mr Frankie Valli's 82nd birthday coming up May 3rd (hopefully!) a couple of favourites:

Last edited:
In one of music historys weirdest loops it emitted a 23-year-old from Vienna who out of the blue created a character (more fact than fiction, no doubt, tho always tongue in cheek) that in essence represented cocaine-induced-megalomania and did a song to a funk beat "rapping" in a weird mixture of Austrian slang and English in a time when Rap barely existed yet (1981). The gist of his "rap" is basically "Fuck the police, I'm doing cocaine!" in what can only be described as one of the shittiest music videos ever.

This 23-year-old would then go one to become the first German-speaking-Artist ever to break into the US-charts Nr. 1 with an equally weird song.

Then and now, watching this, you have to pause for a moment of deep introspection to seriously put forth the question: What. The. Fuck?

could be in the shits & giggles thread but... did u know this tune is about an acid trip?

Saw this band Saturday nite. A fine mix of Slade, Thin Lizzy, Mott, Cheap Trick. Smoke machine and flashing lights too!

oh right. And the lead singer Chris makes those fucking killer guitars at his shop, but that's for another thread. and these cool guys too.

Mama bought a chicken, she took him for a duck
laid him on the table with his legs stuck up
yonder come the children with a spoon and a glass
catch the gravy droppin' from its yass, yass, yass

That Betty Page could sure dance, eh? Those are some real scintillating white folk rusty robot moves there.

I wish I could say I could do better……..I cannot.
I dare say, dance, as an art form, may escape most Bukowski members.
Other than boxing I don't recall Bukowski mentioning dance?

Wtf is going on? I think Frank Zappa somehow got reincarnated as this woman.
The only difference being that if Zappa had done it, it would include a ripping George Duke keyboard or Jean Luc Ponty violin solo in 11/4 with razor sharp percussion interludes and it would have been, y'know...good. :p

Their debut lp is an all time favorite. This new single is excellent classic Stone Roses.

Three guesses what this one is listening to...

rushian2.jpg

Their debut lp is an all time favorite...
One of mine too, the intro to I Wanna Be Adored is just gorgeous.
Another favourite debut album from the eighties with the retro 60s feel, Psycho Candy -The Jesus and Mary Chain. This is from the Peel session, not the album version, but I like it more, its not got the fuzzy, noise wall to it. But that nice we're singing this in a tunnel kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back