What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. #7 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll give this one an A+ considering the context. I read that his son recorded these lyrics at his dad's dining room table.

It would be great if Tom Waits would get off the cross and release something half as good as this...

I got introduced to this one from Tom Petty's Mudcrutch project and loved it at first hear. I knew Roger McGuinn wrote it, but I didn't seek it out because I figured it would be one of those mono sounding old Bryd's sounding songs. I was way wrong. Sure, Tom had a lot of modern toys to play with, but the original holds up incredibly strong.

I don't want to put up the Tom Petty RIP, but someone else should. It just sucks.

A lot of musicians die and it is mostly sentimental feelings about songs they did 20 or 30 years before they died. Tom Petty made great music all the way through, even though the music industry crashed and you no longer heard his songs on the radio. His talent (and the bands he played in) only got stronger with the years. He had a lot of great songs left in him. It's too bad, but we did get 4 decades worth. Thanks Tom.

it's unconfirmed as of right now.

i've been listening to him alot lately.

shit...

A song like this would usually bore me 30 seconds in, but that's why the band was great.

I'm fairly certain this video was inspired by Bukowski, even if the song isn't. When Jane got all those booze bottles for Christmas and Hank pleaded with her not to drink it all... Or maybe not...

R.I.P. Gord Downie. The list is endless. Little Bones, Courage, N.O. is Sinking, Blow @ HD. Ahead by a Century is a fav too.
I carved a Gord Pumpkin for a buddy of mine who was a Hip fan.

Untitled-1.jpg

that carpenters clip is unbelievable, man. i couldn't get through it.

the douche chills set in before i even pressed play.

it's rare that the tune and the video are so perfectly matched.

well done, sir...

Reactions: mjp
Jerry Lee
I don't know that I'd include Jerry Lee Lewis in a group seen as the founders of rock and roll. Pretty sure rock and roll was already a thing by the time he made a rock and roll record. Weren't his first records country? Or country swing? Anyway, I vote no.

i think he was the founder of lighting your instrument on fire. and marrying your underage cousin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back