What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That song plays over the closing scenes of the tremendously awesome old TV series Northern Exposure. A tear-jerker that, if you were into the show. What a voice.

On an unrelated note, Northern Exposure was the first show to do that; play a real song (rather than made-for TV muzak) over the closing scene of each episode. It's something that pretty much every one hour show on TV does now, but it started in Cicely, Alaska.

What a voice indeed! I have three of her cd's and saw her live in Mtl. last year, no fuss, small room, yet very powerful.
Our Town is from the cd Infamous Angel. My Life is also excellent with heart wrenching songs such as Easy's Getting Harder Everyday. Her dad played music and had a fiddle hanging high up on a nail. When a child could reach it, then they could play it. :)
Another lady blowing, When It Don't Come Easy!

Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You

[This video is unavailable.]

Andy Williams - Happy Heart

Hot Pearl Snatch.
I always told Sonny we'd be more famous if he would just let me and Mort dress the way we wanted to. There's proof right there - all those spikey-haired scene makers clapping up a storm. All that adulation should have been ours.

Fantastic new album (do they still call 'em albums) from Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down. Songs for the Great Recession

old school local heroes post! do people still say old school!? anyway!

Early U2 was outstanding. When Bono deluded himself with the Pop messiah complex it went to hell but those early records are essential listens.

There's something depressing about URGH! Not sure what, exactly, I haven't seen it in probably 20 years, but I had a tape of it and just remember wanting to kill myself every time I put it on. Not because of the music, there's just something about the vibe, baby.

My old man dragged me to a Roy Clark concert when I was a kid (1969 or 1970) and it was incredible. I think he played every stringed instrument known to man that night, and he was great on all of them. I would have rather been seeing Alice Cooper at that point, but Clark made a big impression on me, and I can still remember bits of that show.

Believe I 1st viewed URGH! on the TV series Night Flight back in the early 80s - have liked it ever since (enough even to buy the overpriced dvd release of it). Trying to think what it is about the vibe of it that's bothersome and not sure what it would be. This is one moment though I found depressing:

So that was the harvest moon on the 12th. Fuckin' looney-toons out there.

This train carries liars
This train carries thieves
This train carries blaggards
From all walks of life
That you'd never
You'd ever want to meet

A Creature I Don't Know is the third album by British singer-songwriter Laura Marling, released on 12 September 2011.[1] The album was announced in June 2011, along with a preview of a new song, featured in a video posted on Laura Marling's official YouTube channel. The first track from the album to receive radio airplay was "Sophia", on 25 July 2011 on BBC Radio 1. The "When The Bell Tolls" tour of America, Canada and England was announced on July 25, and will take place this September and October 2011 to support the album.

Sometimes a rose is more than a rose. Ponder got me hooked on Fleet Foxes with a post of his. mjp and Bill lead me to a book that is a personal fave of mine based on a couple of posts. hooch hooked my nose on a favorite cd of mine of recent memory based on yet another post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back